Chapter Ten

By lunch time both my heart in my chest and the one dangling from my throat were buzzing for Ryan.

The closer I got to my locker the more my heart jumped, and the more electrified the locket got.

I was just closing my locker door when a hand grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me toward the doors leading to the parking lot.

"Ryan, the cafeteria is that away," I said as I tried pulling him in the opposite direction. But there was no way I was stronger then him.

"We're going off campus for lunch," he said as we reached his car.

He held the door open for me waiting for me to get in.

"Get in the car, Juliet," he sounded agitated.

"You really need to sop forcing me o do things against my will," I crossed my arms with defiance.

"Get your ass in the car. There are things we need to discuss- alone."

I grumbled but got in the car. He needs to get his temper under control.

We drove in silence until we entered the parking lot of a restaurant I never heard of.

"Where are we?" I asked as I stepped out of the car door he opened for me.

He laced his fingers through mine as we walked up to the door, "A buddy of mine owns it."

"Another pack member?"

"Something like that," he said as held opened the door for me.

A slender woman lead us to secluded room in the back of the restaurant.

I held onto his arm staying close I asked, "What are we doing here?"

We were in the private room now and there was a table set for two.

"Lunch and then we're going to have a little talk," he said as he pulled out the chair for me.

I looked around the room with its bright burgundy walls and floral decor.

"Juliet, are you going to listen to me?!"

My eyes snapped to his, "What?"

"What would you like?" said the waitress who hadn't been there a minute ago. She proceeded to point to the menu in front of me, that also hadn't been there before.

I blushed in embarrassment and looked down at the menu. All the names of the food threw me. And with my flustered state of mind I couldn't register what any of it was.

"We're at a Chinese restaurant," Ryan whispered across the table.

"Oh!" I proclaimed and slapped the menu down on the table, "I'll have sweet and sour chicken and an egg roll, please," she nodded and jotted it down before turning toward Ryan.

"Same." he said as he handed et the menus.

She was out if the room before I realized I didn't order a drink.

"Drink up," I looked over to Ryan who was holding up a small cup.

I slowly took it from him, "What is it?"

"Delicious," he put it simply pressing me to drink it.

I slowly raised it to my lips and tool a sip. To my surprise it was delicious and I couldn't put it down until all it's contents we're gone.

"Juliet?" I looked up at him. The tone of his voice scared me. It was as if he was about to tell me I had a terminal illness and had only so long to live.