Chapter 3

As the chase proceeded, an opening was in eyesight over the hill. A dark but glorious castle was revealed, with a small town surrounding it; people looking towards the hill, most likely catching the scent of the uninvited wolves intruding their land.

Gawking at the view my wolf takes in the view causing us to lose focus in running. We're taking down by a warrior from behind us, forcing us to roll down the hill. The grey wolf struggles with us as we tumble down like Jack and Jill.

We both make it to the bottom of the hill faster than the other, temporarily leaving us alone to fight.

A crowd of people surrounds us, some curious and some outraged at the appearance of us. Both the other wolf and I circle around each other. As I wait for his first attack, a scent I knew very well, ambushed me from behind.

David stood over me and his eyes glowed yellow. Sapphire growled, showing defiance against her 'alpha', and latched onto his throat.

Howling in pain, he clawed and snapped at us in desperation for our grip was deadly. One of the warriors pushed my father over, making him on the bottom and a blonde wolf took his fangs into my neck.

I release my tormentor and make an attempt at taking him off my neck by throwing my back on the ground.

Though I'm a very small wolf, the collision between the ground and I were able to knock the wind out of him; he gasps for air as I quickly stood up.

They circle me in, watching my every move; ready to go for any flaw I have. My body stiffens as David makes his way into the circle of my doom.

A howl from a distance is heard.

Great, now I have more things to worry about as the warriors of the pack land begin to descend from the woods and houses.

'Just come home and be the good little pup that you are. Even if you disobey my order, no matter where you run or where you hide, I will always find you and bring you back to your own personal hell,' David spoke in our mind-link.

'Never,' I growl, raising my head up high like proud, dominant wolf.

He growled and lowered his body to jump on me as did the other wolves that chased me. I prepared myself for the fight.

But, then a warrior- from the crowd of pack land- jumped into the circle. He stood by my side, watching attentively at the others. As did more of them.

Wolf after wolf hopped into the circle, surrounding me in a defensive position, lowly growling at the others until the numbers where even.

It took them by surprise as they looked at their Alpha, bewildered of what to do next. David hid his shock with a low growl as did the others. Again, ready to strike, they lower their bodies to the ground.

And then-

"ENOUGH!" A deafening roar erupted from the horde of people.

The members of the mysterious pack cowered at the dominant figure. As they shrink back, exposing their necks in submission; a man that I guess is the alpha, strides down the parting crowd.

His glare pierces fear into David's pack and me; he hasn't even looked at me!

This man had rippling muscles and a six-pack, which was visible from his tight fitted shirt. He was tall, maybe 6 feet, adding to his intimidation.

However, his face looked like he was made from Greek gods; his eyes were presented as sapphires in the art.

His gaze slowly fell upon my glowing yellow eyes, our eyes meeting. Slightly his eyes widen in surprise and his wolf was noticeably on the edge.

Horror filled my heart, not only from the realization who he is but, mostly from what he is to ME.

The man that stands before me is known to all, even the humans.

The cruel, selfish, inconsiderate being that could kill us all without even trying. A tyrant that ruled for hundreds, maybe even thousands of year and -though being brutal and harsh- has strangely produced peace between the packs.

That man was Mason Black, ruler of all werewolves, and only one word was repeating in my head.

'MATE!'