Dream Scape

"Hey weirdo! Talking to any more monsters today?"
"Y/N, do you have any interesting boat monster facts for us today?"
"Hey, Y/N, go to Mt. Ebbot! I heard that there are monsters just like you there!"

As Y/N walked the halls to her elementary school library, she heard these cruel words form her classmates. Ever since she saw a movie about the war between Humans and Monsters, she was intrigued by monsters ever since. She loves the idea of getting to interview the King of Monsters himself one day. Until then, little
Y/N was always going to be the out of place eight year old in her out of place world.

When she reached the library, she noticed a familiar young face of a friend she spent a lot of time with. He was probably the only one who understands her interest in monsters.

"Hey Y/N/N. What book are looking for today?" He asked.
"Hey Frisk. I'm looking for 'The Language of the Monster Doctor', but last time I checked, you had it last."
"Yeah, I've got it right here. It's kind of confusing to me, but I don't understand a lot of the monster logic. You've read up on this subject before though Y/N, why go back to it?"
"You saw how his hand writing looked. I want to study it. Besides, he said he was working on two creations after his own image. And I want to find out what that means."
"Sure. I guess that's true."
"Well, enough about me. I wanna know how you've been Frisk. Have you found a mom or dad yet? Anyone come by the adoption center for you?"
"No. Let's just face it Y/N, I'm always gonna be an orphan."
"No you won't. I know you won't. You're a smart eight year old kid Frisk. I know someone will adopt you!"
"Thanks Y/N, but I've got a better chance up on Mount Ebbot to find a mom than in our town."
"You never know. A person can find someone special in the most unlikely of places."
"Okay, now I know you watch too many Disney movies."

We sat in the library for a while. We talked about monsters, our teachers, and books. Sometimes it seems that Frisk talks more about books than he does monsters. While we were there, an occasional bully would show up and make fun of us. We knew that the bullies would show up. We didn't really care though. One took it too far, and left a rubbing burn on mine and Frisk's arms saying "Monsters and freaks should always be treated this way."

As the school day ended, I walked to my mom's car, and we head for home.

"How was your day Y/N/N?" Mom asked.
"Okay. Me and Frisk stayed in the library and read most of our free time."
"Frisk is a sweet boy! But I swear, if he even thinks about dating you, he will get the chancla!" (Chancla: Spanish word for "flip flop")
"Mooom! Boys are too gross to like that way!"
"I'm glad you still feel that way. Remember: boys are gross, mean, and they have cooties."
"Mommy! Shut up!" I say rubbing my sore arm.
"Y/N, honey, what happened?" Mom asked.
I hung my head down low, and said nothing.
"Did another bully get to you?! Tell me who they are and I will come to the school with my chancla!"
I chuckled a little at this remark.
"But I will not use it on the child. Oh-ho-ho-ho no! I will use it on their parents, who should have taught their children better!"
I was starting to rock back and forth as I laughed.
"Then! I will use the chancla on the kids! That should teach them not to mess with you Y/N!"
"Mommy nooo!" I laughed.
"Didn't I tell you to tell a teacher when someone bullies you? You need the chancla!" Mom teased waving her finger to me.
"No! Really, I'm fine mommy. They just don't understand my... Interests."
"You mean your connection with Monsters? I know baby. I have the same problem. Don't worry about it."
"I won't."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( Dream Scape)

I'm in a pitch black area. There is no end. No sound. No people. I can't even see my own hands.

Suddenly, I hear laughter. It's deep. Scary. It seems like it's evil. I run the opposite direction of the laughter, only to run into a wall. The laughter just gets louder and louder. I felt myself cower low to the ground and bundle myself into a ball, and start to cry.

"W-wAīt! Ðoň't ĉ-ć-črý!" Said a strange voice. It sounded almost like a child's voice. When I opened my eyes, the blackness was fading to white. And beside me was a person.
No.
Not a person.
A MONSTER! And not just any moster, a skeleton monster! He looked no older than me.

His bones were black with red eye sockets. His eyes stood out because of a pair of red circle rimmed glasses he was wearing. The pupils were blue with yellow wrapped around it. His grin was yellow, and so we're his fingertips. He had on a deep navy coat, but it was so big that his hands were almost completely covered by the sleeves. He also wore black and red basket ball shorts. Another thing that stood out was the word "ERROR" showing up at random points on his body.

"Í'm şo šørrÿ! Î dīdǹ't mæň to šçårè yoú! Plêàśē śtop çrÿïñg!" He said as he ran to my side, almost tripping on his fat red slippers. He used one of his boney fingers to wipe my tears. After he did that, he handed be a box of tissues out of a strange portal.

"Thank you." I sniffle. "Who are you?"
"I'm Error Sans." He said calming down speaking normally. "You can just call me Error for short."