Growing Up

It was my tenth birthday when I started getting close to Error. I confided a lot of secrets to him. Even some that I never told Frisk. He treated me like I was important to him. I guess it was because I was the first person he's ever met. He soon met Frisk in the library at my school, but Frisk never saw him. I don't know how he did it, but he made it where only I could see where he was. He appeared here and there in little, pixelated portals from a place he called the "anti-void." It was where he said he lived during the day, but not during the night. He also told me of these things called "AUs," where other versions of him lived. He said he knew who made them, but he never told me who. I thought he was just making stuff up, but he acted so serious. I just brushed it off whenever he talked about it.

Error acted so strange around me however. Frisk had been too. He kept asking me if I would forget him if he disappeared one day. I told him that would never be possible because he was so cool. He asked what I would do if he went missing, if he never answered his phone, or if nobody had seen him for days. I simply told him that I would wait until I saw him again. I told him how I would wait at the foot of Mt. Ebbot to see him if he ever ran away from his orphanage. He smiled and said he was glad that he had such a nice person look out for him.

During school, I didn't get to see Frisk that often. He didn't go to the library much anymore, and we didn't have classes together. So, while I didn't get to see him, I would just get my stuff together from my locker. Some days when I went to my locker, I found strange letters fall out of my locker. They all had different hand writing, but they were all the same things: confession letters. They were all alike. "You're so beautiful" this, "I want to get to know you more" that, and "I think I'm in love with you" malarkey. Each One signed, "Your Secret Admirer." I personally don't want to think about love for a while, so I just threw those letters away.

People during school acted off around me. They all sort of sat next to me, or wanted to partner up with me during science class. Everyone that hung out around me kind of blushed. They would ask me about who I had a crush on, who I would dance with at a dance, or who my first kiss was. I would tell them all the same thing, "I don't care about this sort of thing right now." And that was the truth. The thought of a relationship just sounded awful at the time. I was going to wait until high school until I thought about a relationship.

And that was a promise I was definitely going to keep.