Scratch scratch scratch

Long update again today!love this one it gave me chills reading it!

It was Halloween and I was going to Maya's party. Mum said I could only go if one of her friends came with me because she didn't want me messing around with random boys. "But why cant you come?" I asked desperately. I didn't want some middle aged woman following me around. "Maria's not that bad! Anyway I have so much work to do. Now stop shouting!" mum yelled down the stairs.

Maria arrived half an hour before the party. Great I thought to myself I don't want to carry home a drunk old woman. We put on our costumes, Maria looking so stupid in her black cat suit I almost burst out laughing. She unruffled her hair, put on her glasses and we got ready to left. "Come back before 10 o'clock dear" said my mum. "But mum!" I protested. "No buts. You must remember." I frowned at her. She looked really grim. We left. We passed through the dark alleyway the only way we can get to the rest of the town. Mums words repeated over and over in my head. Did she mean it?

The party was crap. Maya teased me a bit and everyone laughed at me when Maria tried to say something funny. In the end Maria got so drunk we had to leave. I looked at my watch. Shit it was 2 in the morning. I turned around. We had just left the house and it was so cold that it was snowing but Maria was not in sight. Then I heard the scream.

It was so loud and so pain filled I almost broke down in terror. "Maria?" I stammered wide eyed and shaking. It stopped suddenly. I ran in the direction of the scream and my foot crunched something. Maria's glasses. I gasped, my heart thumping so loudly it felt like it was coming out of my chest. That wasn't her was it? I saw the alleyway up ahead dark and uninviting. I was going to have to get home so I advanced. I was the quarter of the way through when I heard it. Scratch scratch scratch. It was like chalk being scratched along a chalkboard. I froze. Scratch scratch scratch. It was getting closer. I ran for it.

Suddenly it stopped. I had almost reached half way through but I dared to turn around. Oh how I shouldn't of. There in the shadows was a man on the floor. But he didn't look anything like a man. As he crawled into the moonlight I almost screamed.

He had red eyes, his nose was gone and his teeth where sharp daggers, red at the tips and yellow at the gums. There was blood everywhere. His legs where bloody stumps covered in blisters and gashes. But the thing which made my heart drop out my moth was his nails. They where about the same length as my hand to my elbow and covered in flesh and wet with blood. Maria's blood. The thing scratched its nails along the alley wall. I ran screaming at the top of my lungs.

I turned round to see if he was catching up. He was. He was dragging himself along with his nails and moving very fast. I flung myself at my house as it popped up at the end of the alleyway. I galloped to the front door hammering on it as soon as my fist hit the door. It was coming closer. Mum mum god mum open the door open the door! It was no use. I thought why didn't she open it as the thing ripped out my throat with its fingernails. Why didn't I listen to mummy?