White

So I had always heard about Slenderman and Bloody Mary and La Llorona and all those other ghost legends. And those are just the most common. Slenderman is the tall creepy guy with no face and tentacles that kills children. Bloody Mary was a beautiful woman whom was thought of to be a witch,causing her to be killed,more specifically burned to death. La Llorona was another beautiful woman who killed her two children because her husband loved them more than he loved her. She felt very sorry after that,and killed herself. La Lloronas story made me feel sorry for her.

My story begins at a winter cabin that my cousins and I shared last year. It was up in Big Bear. It was not yet snowy up there because winter had only begun.

Every year,my parents,brother,and I would get together with my aunt and my cousins and go up to our cabins. My cousin named Ireland and I were 12,while my cousin Kaitlyn was 14. We were able to get a separate cabin from our parents and our brothers. Our cabin was only about 20 feet from theirs.

On the night we arrived (we were going to be there for 3 weeks), everyone but us 3 girls went to sleep at around 10:00pm. We started telling each other ghost legends.

"Why do all these ghostly creatures wear white all the time?" Ireland asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, Slenderman has a white face, La Llorona wears a white wedding dress,Bloody Mary wears a white night gown, Samara from 'The Ring' wears a white dress....."

"Wow, you have a good point.That's actually a really interesting observation."

At around 2:00am, we decided to play our version of "Hide & Seek". Behind our cabin,there's a huge forest,so what we do is we grab each others clothes,put them in clear plastic bags,and hide them throughout the forest. You're supposed to find your own clothes,and if you find someone else's,u can take it and hide it somewhere else. The game goes on until you find all your clothes.

We all snuck outside because our parents would never let us go out into the woods that late at night. When we were done hiding the clothes, we all seperated. We had walkie talkies in case we needed to get ahold of each other. I went about 20 yards into the woods,when I decided to get on the ground to look for a bag.I took out my pocket flashlight. I heard someone coming,so I turned it off. If she grabbed the bag before me,she could hide it. I decided to just feel around. I suddenly felt something wet.I turned my flashlight on for a second and realized that it was water. I turned it off and continued searching. After several minutes,I felt a bag. As soon a I touched it, I heard a faint young female voice saying "mi hijos! Mi hijos!" Which means "my children,my children" in Spanish. That definitely sent chills down my spine. Was it La Llorona? I grabbed my walkie talkie and signaled my cousins.

"Hey did u guys just hear that?" I asked them.

"Hear what?" Kaitlyn asked.

"That woman's voice!"

"Uh..no.." Ireland said.

"Not at all" Kaitlyn said.

I hung up on them and continued to search. Maybe I was being paranoid. Then, I heard it again. "Mi hijos,mi hijos!"

I set my walkie talkie on 'record',just in case I heard it again. Sure enough,it happened again. And again. And again.And again. I caught in on record every single time. I called my cousins to meet me back at the cabin.

When we got back,I let them listen to what was recorded. We were so freaked out that we all wen into the woods together to get our clothes. When we got everything,there was a long white wedding dress on the floor in front of our cabin.

"Does that belong to La L--" Kaitlyn began to say,when we heard " Sabes donde estan mis hijos?" Meaning "do you know where my children are?" The woman's voice sounded like its a right behind us. We all turned around and saw her standing there. She had long black hair down to her shoulders. She suddenly disappeared. That was the last time we saw an heard her. Our parents didn't believe us,they thought we recorded the voice.

We still don't have answers to what we saw that night.