Day 138

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦

"You could have killed him, Tyler."

Tyler shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

You're sitting on the couch, curled up into Tyler's side, his one arm wrapped around you. Josh is sitting at the other end.

"So?" Tyler replies finally.

Josh shakes his head disapprovingly. "That better not have been what you were aiming to do—"

"I wasn't aiming to do anything." Tyler scoffs.

You lean closer to Tyler, and he hugs you tighter. You don't like how harsh his voice sounds.

"You kicked him while he was still down, Tyler!" Josh exclaims.

"And what about all the years he's hit her, huh? What about that?" Tyler argues, letting go of you and facing Josh. "I had to do something!"

You move towards Tyler and grab the back of his shirt, making him turn around and look at you.

"Tyler," Josh says firmly.

Tyler looks back at Josh, then at you again. His angry expression softens.

"No, Josh, I don't care," he mumbles. He slumps back onto the couch and pulls you to him again. He soothingly rubs your back, and you close your eyes. "I was just giving him what he deserved."

"Look, I'm definitely not defending him or what he did—"

"It sounds like you are," Tyler mutters under his breath.

"—But you went too far," Josh says darkly.

You feel Tyler's muscles tense, and his grip around you tightens.

"You've punched him before, Josh—"

"—Once. I punched him once. You kicked him until he was unconscious."

Tyler relaxes. "I-I did?" He asks, his voice squeaking a bit.

Josh nods.

Tyler stays silent, his wide eyes staring at the floor.

"You would have killed him if she didn't snap you out of it," Josh says.

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦