S I X - backstabber

Jax sprinted to the front door and unlocked it with a pin. Oh Lord, what is he doing. He entered the house and then signalled me to join him. I followed after him and entered Links house',
"Do me a favour and go and distract Link, he is up in his room",
"Sure I guess". I walked up to Links room and knocked on the door. One knock. Two knocks. Still no answer so I decided to open the door. Oh, how I wish I hadn't. I bit the inside of my cheeks holding back the tears from escaping and holding back the scream that was on the verge of coming out. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I rummaged through my bag and reached for a cigarette and lit it. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I was staring at two people a girl and a boy. My sister and my boyfriend. I wish I could take back the site I had just seen but if I had taken it back I would've never known. Compose yourself, Brooke. I know you what to throw something Brooke, I know you what to break down but you aren't going to.

"Hello dearest sister",
"Hi Brooke", her voice sounded shaky,
"Oh, I didn't notice you there Link, how are you doing?",
"As good as I can be at this very moment" he mumbled.
"Your probably wouldn't feel this uncomfortable if I wasn't here, correct?", no answer "CORRECT?" I questioned with a stronger tone.
"Correct" they both mumbled. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and tapped it so the ashes would fall onto the floor.
"I haven't seen you take up that bad habit" Link managed to get out,
"Maybe you weren't around to notice it" I laughed, "Maybe you were just too busy doing something ELSE?!". I decided to sit down on his study chair "You know what's sad. I will never know whether everything you have said and done is a lie because I can no longer trust you. Why are you crying Keeley? Walkers don't cry. Maybe you're not a Walker, Walkers are loyal, charming and take pride in themselves and what I have learnt tonight shows that you have none of those traits. Link, do you remember when we first met?, because I do and you know what, I'm happy to say that I regret it very much. I'm done Link. With us and more importantly with you. So I'll hold this cigarette up high and smoke the night way. I will then pray that tomorrow will be a fantastic day. Good day!" I smiled and placed my cigarette onto his desk then walked out of that very room.
"JAX! Let's go!!", I shouted rhythmically. Jax came running to the door and stood beside me, together we walked out of the house. After a long time of walking we arrived at my house, "You're sleeping over" I stated.
"Sure", we walked up to my room and I gave Jax some pyjamas, men of course.
"The bathroom is the third door to the left that's where you will find toiletries to freshen up",
"Thank you" he replied.
I waited for Jax to leave my room, that's when I turned off the lights, crouched against the wall and buried my head into my knees. I bit down on my lip preventing any noises coming out, my cheeks were stained with tears. I couldn't stop the tears, they just kept on coming out. Jax walked into my room and my eyes darted towards him. He saw me cry. Brooke Walker never cries in front of others. He was analysing me. Every bit of me. From my pink nose, to my red puffy eyes.

"Your eyes change to an emerald green when you cry" he stated.
"Thanks for showing me",
"You had to see it, whether you wanted to or not".

After a few hours I noticed Jax was asleep, I stared at the ceiling. My chest felt really tight, I tried to sleep, oh, how I tried. Eventually darkness overtook my body.

~

Jax was still asleep when I woke up so I scrolled through my social media. Jax soon woke up and he went out and hot me some ice cream and he said he was going out to buy some movies we could watch.

My Sunday basically consisted of ice cream and movies with Jax. Jax soon left and I was left alone in silence. There was nothing to avert my thoughts away from Link. No sound, no light, nothing.

~

Monday approached quickly and I did the usual visit Luke and remind my grandfather about his pills. My life was boring, the same routine day in and day out. I soon arrived at school and Jax greeted me at the gate entrance. He put his arm around me and we walked into school together, I approached my locker to see my best friend Jessica.
"Aw baby, I heard" she hugged me,
"I'm fine, lovely. Absolutely fine" I stated, Jax went off to his locker to gather his things for the day.
"I would never have expected him to do that",
"Could we talk about something else?",
"Like how Liam, the baseball captain is running towards you?", I turned around to see Liam coming towards me, I then turned back to my locker.
"Good morning Brooke" Liam greeted me,
"Hello Liam, how are you?",
"Good thank you" he smiled "I heard about Link and you",
"I'm pretty sure everyone has" I laughed,
"Why are you so calm about this?",
"Should I be acting otherwise?",
"Of course not, you are strong, I wouldn't expect otherwise",
"Thank you Liam" I smiled.
"Would you like to get some ice cream with me after school?" He questioned,
"I wo-" I was about to say before being interrupted by Liam,
"I forgot, I'm volunteering at a centre for disabled kids",
"Seriously?, that's amazing! May I join you?",
"Of course! I'd love that and so would the kids" he smiled.
"Walk me to class?" I smiled.
"Of course".