Chapter 4: A lot can happen in a day

Chapter 4

James's POV...

My phone went off and I picked up without looking at the ID. "Hello?"

"James, its Callie," I instantly got up.

"What happened?" There was a silence on the other end before, "she's awake!" yelled a happy Scott. "She just woke up but something's wrong with her. Her wolf is gone and she didn't heal her." I cringed. "James?"

"Oh right, I have to go. Bye," I said quickly hanging up and grabbing extra clothes with me. I have to shift, if I'm not able to shift I'm not fit for being Alpha. Luckily when I got to the woods I was able to shift and I barked, glad that nothing happened to me. After a while of running, I returned to where my clothes laid and got dressed.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Callie's POV...

Healing as a human was taking longer than I thought and soon I grew bored with nothing to do. Davis came regularly to check up on me with my homework and to talk. My parents came too but only once and it was to inform me they were going on a business trip. My brother on the other hand never left my side and it stung. My mate should be the one being by my side right now. As much as I loved my brother, he wasn't my mate and I felt empty without James, as must as I hated to admit.

Every day as I lay on my bed I could feel what he felt when another woman pleasured him. It disgusted me. I should be the one to make him happy and whole, not some random slut. Every night in my dreams I found myself in the same field and I sat there with my wolf trying to convince her to speed things up and get this healing process done, but she never gave in. Until one day... Actually, one night...

"Look I know he rejected us and you feel lonely and broken without him," she winced but I continued, "but we'll have to face him one day and when that day comes we have to prove to him, to them, that we're strong and we don't need him. That he made the biggest mistake of his life by letting us go."

She looked at me, you know what happens when a wolf is rejected; the wolf dies. No wolf has survived without their mate.

I looked directly at her eyes, "the Luna told me there was a bright future for us but I can't do it alone, I need you." My words finally synced in her hard skull and she nodded her big wolf head.

Bright light covered her fur as the deep scratches healed and as her bones went back to their original place. I smiled and she wagged her tail. As she got up, I lifted my hand to pet her and when my fingers touched her, I felt warmth fill me.

I woke up and quickly got up and ran over to Scott. I gently shook him until a very tired looking brother of mine opened his eyes. "What?" he asked confused and tired. When his eyes focused on me they widened.

"Hey Scott, I'm feeling better, we should head home," I said before he could respond and ran out of the building. It felt good getting fresh air in my lungs. I finally felt better. The summer breeze felt wonderful as it lightly moved my tangled brown hair.

.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

The next day was Monday so I got up early to dress up a little. My mate might have rejected me but I wasn't going to let that get me down. I had to show him he was wrong. That he made a mistake. I also decided on wearing some makeup. I made sure to leave before Scott saw me or else he'd make me go back to my room and change.