The Painting.

The sunlight finally crept over my face, I moved my head sideward to look at the clock which was next to me; 9:00 am. I pulled the duvet covers over my face wanting to sleep a little longer but my eyes forbid me to sleep. A knock at the door reminded me the images I had witness last night. I really hope it was just a bad dream...
While I laying on my bed looking like a corpse, my Aunt came in wondering if I was awake. I replied with a smooth moan, "Uhhh..."

Eventually, I had the energy to get up from my bed and according to my Aunt's perspective, I really did look like a corpse waking up from the dead. (°▽°)

Me and my Aunt decided to get ready and head into town to have a look at the dance group she and I mentioned the night before. After washing my face and getting changed into a pair of black jeans and a white top that had a black feather in the middle, I finally exited my bedroom. I strolled down the stair and entered the kitchen to have some breakfast but it wasn't to my liking. My Aunt looked across the table and said while raising her eyebrows:
"It's a good thing that we are going into town then."  I smiled at her hoping to get something I haven't eaten for a long time since my parents tend to be strict with my diet.

I rushed to the front door and grabbed my old brown coat from the bannister stand and my brown boots that hid underneath the staircase. I began zipping up my coat while gazing up at the grey sky to only to see rain drops fall. The air was thick with a whitish fog which flowed slowly through the air making it harder to see where the car was.
"I'm sure it was on the right side of the house..." I mumbled to myself.
That's right! It was near the tall tree that stood between the house and garage. I legged it to the tree hoping the car was still parked there because even if it wasn't, the tree would keep me dry; well at least keep me less wet.

Each drop of rain trickled down my face while trying to keep my eyes wide open, to see where my footsteps landed throughout the river of clouds. Each time my foot landed, it created a white whirl that faded into another river of clouds. Running through the fog felt like forever, I saw a faint figure making it's way closer to me...it was the car! I slid up to the car door and pulled the door handle out quickly as possible. I sat in the front seat throwing my bag behind me, which made a loud thud on the back row of seats. I closed my eyes and trying to calm the rhythm of my breathing. The sound of my heat beated in my ears, the inhale and exhale of my breathing, and the tapping of rain drops on the car. I turn to the backseats grabbing my bag and thankfully, none of my stuff got wet especially my artwork. I sat there in relief. For a few moments, I stated outside counting the leaves that fell on top of the window just waiting patiently for my Aunt Sarah.
The more I glanced back and forward towards the house, it somehow looked similar to a house mainly used in horror movies. Surprisingly, the weather and the huge, dark trees that surrounded the house, swallowing it whole didn't make the thought any more...delightful.

Looking back for the 4th time, Out into the distance there was a figure moving closer towards the car but stopped and suddenly vanished.
"It's just my imagination playing tricks on me. It's probably my Aunt trying to find the car." I said to myself. Just then, something begins to rattle the car bonnet, gradually getting a little bit louder and closer to my door...
"It's just the tree branches and leaves falling...right?"

"AHAHHA!!!!!"

The first thing I could do was lock the door and grab my pocket knife which was tucked away in my back pocket. Only to then I realised it was my Aunt who was trying to scare me but instead of getting scared, it put me into a defensive mode....okay, I do admit that it did scare me but only a bit!
For some reason when someone is able to scare me, I would kick or punch them but if they are somehow lucky, I would just shout sh*t and put my fits up or just shout like a normal person.

As she walked around the car I thought to myself that this time I was not going to let her or anyone get away with it. So lets put my acting to the test! *Evil laughter*
I covered my damp hair over my face making sure no noise escaped my mouth, and I sat there looking at the floor waiting for the right moment. My Aunt gets into the car and begins to get comfortable. The moment she pulled across her seatbelt, I slowly turned my head and began to breathe heavily. She looked at me with a funny but worried face until I screamed and jumped towards her. This caused her to screamed at the top of her lungs. She wrapped her arms over her head in fear! I couldn't help but burst out into laughter!! She began to laugh along with me while tears roll down her face due to embarrassment. She said she's definitely going to tell her friends about this. At that moment I knew this was going to be a fun holiday and that I was getting better at my acting, meaning I needed to try this act on more people.

Making our way past the blueish gates, we silently followed the uneven road till we could see another type of road. I felt completely isolated by the nature that fenced the whole house, including the sides as the car slowly jumped side to side onto the main road. The main road wasn't big like the ones you get in the city but considering we were somehow able to get past a tractor that carried a pile of hay astonished me. When the tractor was halfway past us, my Aunt started laughing then to only realise that she was laughing at me. I was holding the door handles very firmly and had my legs up on the chair looking terrified due to the car nearly tipping over into the thorn bush and the ditch which continued endlessly. After experiencing this I knew that my normal daily routines were totally different from hers.

Finally making our way into town, we were able to find a small car park which didn't have that many cars parked in but compared to the number of cars I have around my neighbourhood which was always packed, I felt alone. Stepping outside the car I asked my Aunt if I could go to the shops before going to the main hall. She gave me the directions where I needed to go:
"Go through that small alleyway and turn right which is the Baker's shop and he should be able to give you the correct directions. I don't really know my way around here so just try your best and call me if you get lost. People around this area are really nice and sweet to talk to so don't worry." I just nodded showing I was listening.

Waving goodbye, I headed through the creepy alleyway and reached for my phone checking the time. Placing it back, I scanned my surroundings to come across street art. There were so many types of designs, but not many stood out unlike the art that seemed similar to graffiti. I tend to admire art, usually when you find or see them when you least expect it. They were covered along the walls but I hate the thought of people creating art in an appropriate place and that it shouldn't disrespect the people who live around in the area. Moving my eyes back and forward trying to see every creation, with my head turning behind or in front of me again and again wanting to remember everything, I suddenly stop as I see one big graffiti in the very middle.
That one artwork had completely captured my attention, it had many colours swiftly intertwined together and to me it showed a story as the colours faded into one another, forming a face of a woman. For the first time, I felt like I truly understood the feelings of this artist; this person. They're trying to say something but...what was it?

Unexpectedly, a guy on a bike came speeding down, nearly running me over! It's very lucky that I have quick reflexes, including him too! Reacting too quickly I ended up falling onto a pile of rubbish which definitely did not smell nice!
(-_-)
He stopped his bike from going any further through the alleyway and hopped off it, running over to me with a worried expression.