Back then...

It was a cold but sunny day in April. My parents decided it was a good idea for me to start something new during my Easter holiday, so they arranged for me to stay with my Aunt in the West Midlands, an area where she had just bought a property for re-development.

"It's only for 2 weeks!"
Mum tells me whilst helping me pack my clothes.
"Your dad reckons it will be a good experience for you, spending time with your Aunt Sarah, you will absolutely love it. You know how artistic she is so you already have that in common! You'll have so much fun!"
Dad calls out to me from downstairs "Come on? Are you ready to go? You've had plenty of time to pack, what's taking so long?!"
My dad is so impatient, I yell back "Hang on Dad, just got a few more bits to pack. Make us a cuppa before we go eh?"

"Ok, I suppose so..."
He replies reluctantly but I know he won't mind making his favourite daughter a cuppa. :)
After a few minutes of laughing, I carried my small suitcase down the stairs as I constantly readjust my bag strap that slightly slips off my shoulder. Reaching the bottom, I head straight for the kitchen where I glance around looking for my drink. Instead, dad stood there holding my cup smiling at me,
"I could hear you laughing!"

I took the last sip by saying, "Ahhhh."  To express my gratitude. Turned around while calling out, "Thanks, dad." As I put the cup in the sink. He then comes into the kitchen and gives me a big hug but I tried to avoid and we end up playing a game; "Catch me if u can!"  I know it's kind of childish but he's always busy to do anything like that with me, I try and make the most out of it.

A few minutes, I could hear my mum shouting, "Both of you get your butts here right now!Dad and I both came out of the room making eye contact hence trying to control our laughter looking at Mum's face. After getting scolded by my 'Mother' we finally left the house and got into our Midnight Blue SUV, Mazda.

The journey was very uncomfortable, sitting in one spot for two and a half hours was crazy...but I have to say that the view along the way is very inspiring. Young and old trees raised upon the hills as we drove further into the countryside. The sunrise crept over the houses and hills until it covered the sky making the clouds seem pure white.

I tucked my fringe behind my ear and rolled my eyes to keep my gaze outside the window watching the world flash past. I grabbed my phone plus earphones and played my favourite songs which always lasted about an hour.
By the time my music had finished, I had fallen asleep in a weird but comfortable position. I woke up to a sudden bump to find the car gradually beginning to slow down. It turned into a small road heading into town. I rubbed my eyes to make my eyesight clearer, the road sign said 'Welcome to Montes.' I felt nervous and excited at the same time as I've never been to this place before. I know that most people find this strange but I did some research about the city to prepare myself for what this big- but not too big place has to offer. It had a big shopping centre and historical buildings which I could see as we entered the main centre. There where several large streets which seemed very much like one another and many smaller streets looking the same. We headed through one of the wider roads that had cafes and shops along the sides. Many people of all ages were minding their own business, concentrating on where there they walked. Rolling down my window, I took notice of these two old couples arguing which I found quite hilarious because it was over food.

I spotted a group of young teenagers hanging outside a building with a broken statue situated on the steps leading to an entrance. They appeared to be having fun, laughing and dancing along with the music booming out loud from the building.

Suddenly the car turned right and my dad slowed down as he muttered to himself, "I think it's along here somewhere, maybe past those trees?" Eventually stopping in front of a white house with vines that ran along the bottom to the top, entangling the tall tree next to the window. This made the house look modern and old at the same time. However, tall weeds covered the grass which clearly hadn't been cut in a few years making it look quite unpleasant. "That's the one John!" Mum shouts at Dad.
"Look there's Sarah at the window waving!"
They all began to wave frantically to each other like a bunch of kids who don't know how to control their excitement.

As I stepped out of the car, I stretched my arms above my head as far as they could. I could feel the circulation returning back to my bottom which caused pins and needles travel down to my legs. I whispered to myself,
"I hate sitting for too long. I think I might need to go for a jog later on."
(Haha like I would 😂)

The wind calmly brushed my brown hair behind me, I grabbed my bag and curiously began to look around to see what type of work I would be doing for my aunt. Despite these circumstances, it feels more refreshing and relaxing to be somewhere different even if it is a strange place to live...