Chapter 4: The Endless Roller coaster.

Natsume

That girl is something. The way she delivered her plan is beyond amazing. She's confident and has so much power in her voice, I can't help but follow her. She's the first girl to ever command me like that. Her bluntness astounds me. Something about her intimidates me. And I don't like the sound of that.

"Hey Natsume, you ok? You seem to be preoccupied." Asked Subaru.

"I'm just thinking," I replied shortly.

"Are you thinking about Naomi?"

"W-what?! Why would I think of her?!" I said defensively.

"That look on your face says it all," He said bluntly.

"What could possibly be the reason for me to think of her?" I said.

"I don't know. But all I know is that she's the reason of your red face right now."

"Shut up, Subaru."

Subaru and I are at the grocery store. Since Masaomi had an emergency meeting at the hospital, he ordered us to buy groceries. We were the only ones at the house so we were left with no other option. 'Shopping' is exhausting, though it was only a few things. We sat on a bench to rest for a bit.

"That's why we leave the groceries to the eldest," Subaru said as I nodded in agreement. "Let's go?"

"Why do I always to lose to that stupid game of rock, paper, and sci—Ow!" A girl bumped into Subaru and nearly fall. Good thing Subaru was able to catch her before she falls. Subarus' eyes widened and let go of her. I wanted to laugh but I felt bad for the girl.

"What is it with you and your mean attitude?" I was shocked to see Naomi. I helped her stand. She was wearing a casual white t-shirt with a red flannel over it and skinny ripped jeans and converse. How can she make casual astonishing?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drop you. I was just..." Naomi cut him off.                       

"I don't care. Just keep your sorry." She said as she removes the dirt from her pants. I saw the side of her face with a bandage. That cut was Miketsukamis' doings. I don't know why, but it pissed me off. I also saw her arm was bleeding. She must have fall arm first to avoid her head from hitting the ground.

"Hey, you're bleeding," I stated.

"You really have to state the obvious?" She took the bandage off the side of her face and placed it on her arm.

"We could bring you to Masaomis' clinic and treat you there." Said the guilty Subaru who eyed me for help. I just smirked. That's what you get for teasing me.

"No thanks. I had enough with you frats." She left angrily and leave us in our reprehensible state.

"Gods, she's feisty." Said Subaru.

"Tell me about it."

After that unexpected meeting, we head straight to our house. On our way, we kept quiet. The air feels so foreign. I feel like suffocating because of this newness.

"You know, she kind of reminds me of you," Subaru said with eyes on the road.

I laughed. "Why'd you think about that? She's way too different from me."

"There's something about her that makes you alike. I don't know, maybe a dark past?" He says.

"She looks like a bright girl. How can a girl like her possibly hold a dark past?"

"You never know Natsume. You can't judge someones' story on the chapter you've walked on." He stated. "Maybe she holds a grudge on someone or maybe something against the world? We don't know."