7

LUKES POV

"Why do you look so happy to go to detention?" Mike asked me confused.

"I'm not happy I just want to get it over with..."

Just a little white lie to hide the truth. My feelings for Ellie. I don't want him to make fun of me just because he knows her better. I really want to get close with her on my own.

"Alright whatever," Mike spoke walking a down a different hallway than the one which led to my "detention date."

I quickened my pace as the halls emptied and I practically jogged to class. If I get more detention for being late to detention I will freak out.

This isn't the first time I've had detention I've had my fair share of Run ins with teachers and students during my extremely painful years of school.

I walked into the quiet class with kids scattered across the room. Familiar faces either buried in books or discreetly playing on their phone beneath the desk.

As I signed in, I scanned the back tables for the beautiful girl who got me here in the first place.

Spotting her undeniably gorgeous hair spread out across a few books, her left cheek pressed against the table while she wrote sideways.

It looked uncomfortable but she usually does this while she's very tired, something I noticed during class.

I approached Ellie feeling like a stalker but trying not to startle her, I placed my math notebook on the table and leaned over to see what she was working on. Her French homework was laid out as she messily responded to the questions, "It's vous not tu since you're talking to a group of people," I reminded her.

She picked her head up and erased the sentence frustrated, "I hate French, I can barely speak English why should I know another. It's very beautiful but I suck at it and I'm just so done with school right now."

I was surprised by her outburst and waited till she was done venting, "I'm sorry to unload all of this on you right now I'm just really tired."

She sighed defeatedly, her unhappiness bothered me. I guess I really do care about her.

"French is one of my favorite courses, my grandma always spoke to me in French around the house so it comes naturally, I could always help you?" My suggestion coming off as an awkward plea for alone time with her but hey I am getting pretty desperate when it comes to Ellie.

She slightly smiled with her lips closed as she fastened her hair into a ponytail which is another thing I noticed she does while she can't focus.

"That would actually be really helpful luke. I would love to cause I sure as hell would never go to Madame for help. That old witch takes off points for the stupidest shit and I'm so sick of it!"

The teacher in the front shushed us and I laughed lightly at her dissatisfaction with thought of the woman who did slightly resemble an old hag .

Although I wanted to talk more with Ellie, I didn't want to distract her for her work and I needed to finish this math or Mr burk would murder me.

Time flew and as I approached the second to last question, my wrist hurt and my brain felt squeezed. The timer which told us when detention was up, buzzed and everyone bolted.

As I began to gather my things Ellie flipped my hand over palm up without explanation. She took out her pen and wrote what ended up being her number as I smirked. She walked past me patting my head on the way out as I watched her go like a panting dog.

She has to be mine.

A/N

I'm so sorry it took so long to update and it's short but oh well I'm never motivated. I'm home sick and it kid of sucks✌️ My life is a mess but thank you all so much for reading. You rock!

Xox