•13•

Lauren sighs as she stares at herself in the vanity mirror. She adds the last few touches of her makeup, fixing her eyeliner so her eyes popped a bit more. She adds a dark colored lipstick, not trying to be too extravagant. She stands up, dusts herself off, and prepares to go with Normani on this date. The older girl had asked her at school on Thursday, saying that she'd pick her up at 7:00 on Friday.

Lauren pulls on her cream colored beanie, smiling as it covers her long, straightened hair. She dons a light denim button down and black leggings, as if she were a Pinterest model. Adidas Superstars cover her feet, and a black purse is draped across her body. A beautiful bracelet that Normani had given to her for her birthday was strung across her wrist, saying 'Cuba' as a reminder of her heritage. A golden necklace fell perfectly right above her cleavage, and sparkled in the sunlight.

A text from Normani signals that she is outside waiting for her. Lauren looks out her window, seeing a black Maserati parked right outside her house. Music from the stereo was booming, making Lauren chuckle. This girl really didn't care about other people at all.

Lauren sprints down her steps and out the door, instantly feeling the brisk spring air. The sun's pinkish rays made her eyes sparkle with wonder. Her eyes pan towards her date, who is leaning up against her car with a flower in her hand.

Normani is sporting a green sleeveless romper. Large golden hoops hang from ears, as well as a few beautiful golden pieces hanging around her neck and wrists. She certainly loves to flaunt her jewelry. On her feet are black gladiator sandals that spiral up her ankles. Her lips are also covered in a dark lipstick, which makes them look fuller then they really are. Her dark curls are up in a messy bun, making her beautiful features stand out even more since they aren't hidden by the voluptuous amount of hair she has.

"Hi Lo," Normani gives her a sweet smile. She walks toward her and plants a nice kiss on her cheek. Lauren hopes that she a large mark wasn't left on her cheek. She had no plans on ruining her makeup during this date.

"Come on," Normani opens the passenger's side for the younger girl.

"Have you ever been to Santa Monica pier?" The darker girl asks.

"Surprisingly," Lauren shakes her head. "I haven't."

"Today is your lucky day," They laugh. Lauren enjoys seeing the more playful, carefree side of Normani. The older girl was way too possessive all the time, but her cold stature seemed to be taken down when the Latina was with her. She always changed her attitude, as if Lauren deserved the better side of her.

They pull up to the pier, watching as tons of teenagers run around with their friends. Boys sip their beers and play football in the sand while girls hang out on the waterfront. Older couples look at shops for souvenirs, taking pictures of the gorgeous scenery that was around them. Rihanna plays through the speakers, as a few people dance while they walk. Normani helps Lauren out of the car. The Ferris wheel glistens with its neon lights, standing out against the now nighttime background.

"Do you like this song?" The older girl asks as Lauren hums along.

"Yeah," She chuckles, singing.

I've been looking for a driver who's qualified
So if you think that you're the one step into my ride
I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
With a sunroof top and a gangster lean

So if you feel me let me know, know, know
Come on now what you waiting for, for, for
My engines ready to explode, explode, explode
So start me up and watch me go, go, go

Got you where you wanna go
If you know what I mean
Got a ride that's smoother than a ride limousine
Can you handle the curves?
Can you run all the lights?