Chapter 8: what happened after?

We were all having fun until Kayla fell on the floor and my dad ran by her side saying “Kayla, baby wake up.” We were all panicking; I grabbed a phone and call the ambulance.

They arrived faster than I thought they would, they took her away and my dad went with her in the ambulance. Ken, Kristopher, Liam, Chloe, Teresa and I went in ken’s car and we drove to the hospital.

We ran inside of the hospital, Ken asked where Kayla was and the nurse directed us to a room. We wanted to go in to see her, but a doctor told us that she was fine that they were only making tests for her.

2 or 3 hours later, we were all getting impatient and tired, finally my dad came out and told us that Kayla was fine and we could see her.

All of us got in at the same time; she was half asleep on a bed. After 30 minutes of talking to her, the doctor came back, he told her that she was fine; she just had a nervous breakdown. He also told us she was having twins. How great was that! To live with 7 kids in one house! (Note my sarcasms) this house would get smaller.

Ken drove us home and we all to the Living room, we sat down on the couches and watched TV for a while. I went to the kitchen and made pizza for everyone.

We finished eating and 10 minutes later, Teresa and Chloe were sleeping, Ken and Kristopher brought them to their room and went to theirs.

It was just Liam and me in the Living room.

“Can I ask you something?” Liam told me, looking at the ceiling.

“Sure, what’s up?” I told him.

“Do you ever miss your mom?” he asked me.

“I do, but I never really knew her though.  But sometimes, I want her to talk to me I want to know how her voice sounded; I want her to give me advices about everything. Just be able to be there with me, you know?” I had tears in my eyes as I saying this.

“Yeah I understand“he said putting my head on his lap and running his fingers through my hair. “Well, anyway let’s talk about something new, how was your day?”

“It was good, how about yours?

“It was good until my mom got rushed to the hospital…  Alicia I wanted t ask you something”

“You can call me Ally but go ahead, ask away.” And I got up and stared at him.

“So… I like this girl… no wait I love this girl and her friends told me that she feels the same way, but I have no idea how to ask her out… what do I do?”

“What does she likes to do?”

“She likes the beach, movies, umm and I don’t know what else… oh and she likes picnics and sun set dinners.”

“Well Liam what’s the hard thing to do? You are a surfer and a great one. Take her to the beach and teach her how to surf. And then after have a nice sunset picnic.”

“Your right okay, I’ll ask her” he told me and ran out of the room. He came back in 5 seconds later and said “how do I ask her? Do I call her? Do I text her? Do I ask her face to face?” he said nervously

“Face to face, because no girl likes to be asked out on the phone.”

“Oh okay. So ill ask her tomorrow at school.”  He said running again and coming back again. “Thank you Ally.”

“You’re welcome Liam; if you need any other advices let me know.”

“Great, I was kind of hoping you would say that. So I am going to invite her to the beach with some of her friends and some of mine, just in case it gets awkward. I just learned some new pick up lines that I will use. Imagine this, I walk up to her…” he said walking in the room with a smile on his face.

“You know, I can’t imagine It if I don’t know who ‘her’ is!” I told him

“‘Her’ is Talia. You know her. So as I was saying I will try this new pick up line, I will walk up to her and tell her ‘if we shared a garden, I’d put my tulips with your tulips.” He started chuckling and looked at me with a confused ace “you get it tulips it’s like Two Lips?” I looked at him and started laughing. “You’re horrible you know that?”He told me and I was still laughing.

I finally stopped laughing and told him “you should go learn from Kristopher, new pick up lines, this one is horrible” I laughed again

“How about this one, so I walk up to her again and give her my hand and tell her:  would you like to hold this for me while I go for a walk? Is this one good? He said

I laughed and said “go learn from Kristopher, please you are killing me. And by the way Talia doesn’t like pick up lines, she thinks guys should say what their heart tells them to, not something all of the guys would say.”

He ran up and went to Kristopher’s room. I went up to and went to my room. I jumped on my bed and started sleeping.

I was woken up by Liam who started asking me bunch of questions about Talia. When he was done, he went out; I turned on my TV and watched One Tree Hill, my favorite show.

And I fell asleep.