Chapter 2

How could this happen? It wasn't mean't to happen like this.

earlier that day

Standing in a room with all the other unmated girls waiting for the males to arrive is so not my cup of tea. I hated putting the big fake smile on my face trying to look excited while everyone around me was nearly jumping out of their skin in excitment. It didn't help that i was the oldest one there by just over a year.

Watching them all check their outfits and make up to make sure they looked just prefect for their maybe mate was driving me mad. No matter what happened today this would be my last time here. Either i found my mate today and moved to his pack or I had to move to my uncles pack.

Next thing i knew we could hear the cars pull up outside the house. I put my walls up again ready to watch the people around me find their one true love, yet again. As the doors to the room opened everyone except myself looked eagerly to try and find their mate. It hadn't taken me long to stop doing that, I realsed after awhile that the earlier i start looking for him the longer I have to sit in this room feeling rejected once again so now i just sit and wait before looking around. I wasn't very optimistic about ever finding my mate but i had to look at least.

I stood at the back of the crowd letting the first mad rush go. I couldn't help but feel jealous watching people find their mate. It hurt to think that i might never find mine as i see there happy grins as they embrace each other. I walked around the room slowly trying not to look at the happy new couples. There was quiet a few that didn't find there mate but none came near to waiting as long as i did to find their mate. I got a few apoligitic looks from people and that just made me feel worse. I put on a brave face for those around me but my chest still hurt even after looking all this time.

When it was finally time for people to go I was still wandering around lonely. My routine after these meetings was to go for a run and then go to my special place to relax and to mend the pain in my chest but as i walked out the door of the house i saw my parents standing nearby looking for me with Alpha Carmen. I started to walk over to them releasing what this mean't for me.

After my parents confirming that i was to leave first thing tomorrow morning i ran from the room with tears pouring down my face. I really thought my heart was going to break. They were actually sending me away. I knew in my head that they were doing it for me but i couldn't help ut to feel rejected.

I ran for quiet a while in my wolf form trying to forget everything. I found my way to my clearing just beofre my legs gave out on me. I guess i had been running for longer than i thought. I shifted back to my human form and slipped on some of the clothes i kept here for times like this when i just shifted tearing my clothes to shreds.

I slowly walked my way over the my tree beside the stream. this was my favourite place to sit. I used to just sit here for hours and never get bord. This place would always relax me or cheer me up depending on what I needed but today it just brought tears to my eyes. I was never going to see this place again. I watched the water flow gentely over the pebbles as the tears flowed. I had no way to stop them and for once I didn't want to stop them.  How could this happen? It wasn't mean't to happen like this. I was mean't to find my mate and move to his pack while my parents were looking proudly at me not feeling sorry for me. I was mean't to be able to come home with my mate by my side to visit my family and my old home. Be able to show him my special place. Not have my parents feel sorry for me and having the whole pack gossip about me and how i was sent away to find my mate even though everyone knows it's because they couldn't face their dissapointment of a daughter. This brought a fresh torrent of tears and i soon feel asleep under the shade of my tree while tears soaked my face.

so what you think??? pleace vote comment and maybe fan. i really want to know what you think :)