dm ↠ hear me out

Direct Message to @brogan_holister

@brogan_holister: i swear, on my love for you, that this is the complete and utter truth. you can google it if you don't believe me. just please, hear me out. 

Wait, she loves me?

If I wasn't seething at her right now, I would actually explore that revelation further.  But she doesn't need to know that.  All she needs to focus on is telling me the only truth. 

Direct Message to @brogan_holister

@brogan_holister: it's kind of hard to explain, so you'll probably need to google it to find out all the little details.

@so_ta0110: okay.  just tell me.

@brogan_holister: so, you know i'm canadian, which obviously means i use canadian internet broadbands and use 'canadian twitter.'  this is not the same as 'japanese twitter,' so anything that happens to canadian twitter in terms of malfunctions may not necessarily happen to japanese twitter.  basically, something malfunctioned within canadian broadband networks, and everything became public on canadian twitter for an hour or so.  literally, you could apparently see anyone's private conversations.  i say apparently, because i wasn't online at the time.  some canadian figure skating fan, taking advantage of this problem, read all our conversations, and leaked the information to the news, screenshotting our conversation and using it as evidence.  because of the hack, i was powerless to stop it.  honestly, i didn't even realise what had happened until i logged back on and saw a shitstorm brewing about you, and everything you had told me, and then your understandably hurt messages. 

I read her message once, twice, three times, the shock setting in as I start to fully grasp the meaning of what she's telling me.

It wasn't her fault.

Direct Message to @brogan_holister

@so_ta0110: that's believable.   but i'm still going to check online to make sure you're not lying to me.

@brogan_holister: go ahead.  i promise i'm not lying.

I click off twitter and google 'Canadian Twitter Hack' and immediately I'm met with thousands of news stories, tweets linked back to @TwitterSupportCAN, news headlines explaining the malfunction, and after skimming through a couple of articles, I know for sure that I've got all the information I need to believe her.

Direct Message to @brogan_holister

@so_ta0110: i've got the evidence i need to believe you.  i'm sorry i ever doubted you and blocked you without listening to your explanation.  these things happen, and i suppose i had to come out sooner or later.  there's a media storm i now have to deal with, but at least i can be happy knowing my friend hasn't betrayed me.

@brogan_holister: you have no idea how happy i am to hear you say that.  i've barely slept since this shit has come out.  i blamed myself for not encrypting my messages.  trust me, at the end of every conversation we have from here on in, i will encrypt them.  i'm not having this happen to you again.

@so_ta0110: thank you for going to such extremities for me.

@brogan_holister: anytime❤️

@so_ta0110: a heart?  that's adorable.

@brogan_holister: it's friendly.

Didn't feel too friendly.

Direct Message to @brogan_holister

@so_ta0110: i mean you're my self-proclaimed 'biggest fan.'

@brogan_holister: i am indeed.

@brogan_holister: on that note, am i still banned from your competitions?

@so_ta0110: of course not, dimwit.

@so_ta0110: honestly, your banner is the most inspiring thing.

@brogan_holister: that may or may not be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

@so_ta0110: if that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you, then you're so underappreciated.

@brogan_holister: if only you could see how hard i'm smiling right now.

@so_ta0110: honestly, i wish i could see it.  not only because i'd see how happy i make you, but also because we'd have met and would be together.

@brogan_holister: you sound like lexi :)  

@so_ta0110: speaking of her, i need to thank her later.  

@brogan_holister: also, i'm sad you're not going to be at the grand prix final in vancouver.  it's like a small trip away from where i live.  i have tickets to the men's free skate as well.  it's not going to be the same without you.

@so_ta0110: fucking damn it.  i guess we'll just have to meet another time :(

@brogan_holister: :(

@so_ta0110: it just hit me i don't know what you look like.

@brogan_holister: *picture message*

@so_ta0110: !!!!YOU LOOK SO PRETTY!!!

@so_ta0110: yolo you're my new lockscreen i lowkey edited a picture of shoma next to that.

@brogan_holister: wow

@brogan_holister: but i bet you think shoma's prettier ;)

@so_ta0110: nah

@brogan_holister: really? 

@brogan_holister: i have to go now.

@brogan_holister: goodnight x

@brogan_holister has logged off.

@so_ta0110: you're more beautiful than you'll ever be able to comprehend.

@so_ta0110: goodnight❤️

My heart starts racing as I reread our conversations, starting to pick up on the subtle yet significant flirting that she's started and I've unknowingly reciprocated.

I should feel bad.  I mean, she thinks I love Shoma.  She's going to think I'm just leading her on.  She's going to think I'm just going to hurt her.

But I'm not going to hurt you, Brogan.

Direct Message to @OneFlutzAway

@so_ta0110: alexandra, i cannot begin to thank you enough.  thanks to you, i listened to brogan and realised it wasn't her fault.  thank you, thank you, thank you❤️

@OneFlutzAway: that's what friends are for❤️