Chpater 14: Where'd They Go?

Chapter 14

Where’d They Go?

Rhylee

Wendy Choo, a girl from my swim team, had gotten drunk. And by that I mean completely shit-faced-can’t-talk-I’m-secretly-a-stripper drunk. So, being the over-protective mother figure to my friends that I am, I took her to the sleepover at Haven’s house with Reesie and me. (Selena and Haven were getting a ride from Corey so they could help clean up after the party.)

The car ride home consisted of her mumbling to herself in the back about how deep she is in something and leaning over from the back seat screaming every ten seconds about how I hit her pet fish who was out walking. Reesie had the absolute best time watching me slam on the brakes each time. Reese only had one cup of spiked Hawaiian Punch and was the happiest person in the world. Everything in the world is wonderful. Everything in the world is funny. These two girls are a handful.

I pulled into Haven’s driveway and parked. Reese’s butt was in my face because she was turned around playing with Wendy’s hair, who was also sitting backwards.

“Seriously, your hair is amazing. And shiny. Like a penny!” Reese nearly screamed to the back of Wendy’s head, running her fingers through it.

“If you like it so much, why don’t you marry it?” Wendy giggled. The two fell into a fit of laughter.

I rolled my eyes and gave an exasperated sigh. “Alright ladies, we’re here.”

They looked at me blankly.

“C’mon,” I said and stepped out of the car. They started at me the same and stayed where they were. “Why are you still sitting there?”

“Why are you. . .” Wendy started an insult then stopped to think about what she was going to say.

“So ugly!” Reese finished for her, thinking herself very clever.

“Idiot, we’re twins,” I said and folded my arms across my chest.

This upset Reese so much that she turned around again and slipped onto the floor. I could hear her crying from behind the seat.

“You’re so mean,” Wendy whispered and slipped behind the seats with Reese.”

“You have got to be be kidding me right now.”

I tried everything to get them out of the car. Threatening, yelling, pulling. After that didn’t work I bribed with sweets, money, and even slavery. I decided to just leave them in the car for a while. They would come in eventually, right? They stayed out there for quite some time, though, and I started to get nervous. What were they doing? I peeked out a window to peer into the car. It was too dark to see anything. I knew they wouldn’t listen to me again. There was only one option left.

Me: Hey, I really need your help. Could you come to Haven’s house?

Jax: I’ll be there ASAP.

He didn’t even ask what was wrong. A few minutes (which I thought was really fast seeing as he lives on the other side of town) he was nearly knocking down the front door. It made a huge *bang* noise when he burst through it. He looked pissed and. . . scared?

“Woah there, Jax,” I said surprised and stared questioningly at him as he looked around the tiny house, searching for something.

“Where are they!” He yelled, stopping his frantic search to look at me.