Chapter 9: The Bonfire

Chapter 9

The Bonfire

Reese

I love the anual teen bonfire that St. Charlotte has every summer. I get to dirty dance on a beach with hot guys all I want! And my chickies will be there, too. What more could a girl ask for around here?

We all had on shorts and t-shirts with our bikinis on underneath. The boys had all gotten here before us to help set up and were in the water already. Man, did I love summer boys.

Selena nudged me and pointed to the lifeguard's chair. A shirtless and dripping wet Parker sat in the white wooden seat. He Was laying acrossed it with one arm draped over the back of it and his legs over an armrest. His back was too us.

Corey was standing next to the chair, but he saw us. I raised my finger to my lips and mouthed for him to be quiet. He turned and said something quickly to Parker then started jogging towards us.

“I told him I saw one of my teammates,” Corey told us.

“Good,” I said and smiled devilishly. I sneaked up behind Parker and put my chin on his shoulder. “Hey, beach boy!”

Parker turned around so fast that he fell off of the chair and rolled in the sand. “Dear lord, Reese! Really? Was that really necessary?”

I gave him an innocent smile. “Absolutely.”

Parker looked deep in thought for a second then said brightly, “Wanna go play volleyball?”

“Sure!” I answered and we went to go get other people to play with us.

Jax and his group showed up, so the game turned out to be seven on seven. My team was me, Haven, Drake, Rhylee, Cyrus, Tara, and Jax. Parker’s team was him, Selena, Corey, Archer, Farrah, and his friends Zach and Ben. Priscilla and Bambi refused to play because ‘sand and sweat are icky’.

The game started out pretty friendly, but after Parker’s team got two points on us, things got serious. We were diving face first into the sand, pushing each other to hit the ball, spiking it as hard as we could into the sand.

After a few rotations, we started to get over heated, so we started stripping. The boys took off their shirts (if they weren’t already), and us girls took off our shirts and shorts to reveal bikinis. In my case, I was wearing a pink green, and yellow Victoria’s Secret one, and I think we all know how that makes my C-cup boobs look.

Haven was wearing a plain lilac string bikini that emphasized her tiny-ness. Rhylee was wearing one with neon blue and white stripes. Selena was wearing a tie dye red and white one. Farrah kept on her her little pink sundress because she thought it was indecent to wear such little clothing in public (she also advised Archer that he should put his shirt back on). Tara was wearing a black and gold mockini (slut).

And now, I knew that I looked pretty damn good, and so did these other ladies. But that did not mean that Ben should be openly staring at my chest right now. We were both in the front middle and he was just staring. Staring. I rolled my eyes and waited for the serve.

I heard a hand smack against the ball and it didn’t go far over the net. In fact, it went right to the middle front; right at Ben’s face. That boy crumpled to the ground like a baby whining, “My nose! My nose!”

I looked back to see who had served it. Cyrus. Everyone else was rushing over to Ben to see if he was okay (well, except for Selena and Rhylee who were laughing their asses off), but Cyrus was stand in the back corner like nothing had happened. Tara was looking at him like she couldn’t believe what he had just done. And to be honest, I couldn’t either.

But whatever, I’m probably thinking too much into it.

Tara whispered something angrily to Cyrus and then tried to wrap her arms around his neck He rolled his eyes and pushed her away. He stalked away from her and wasn’t watching where he was going and bumped into me.

A wave of electricity went up my arm and I shivered. Cyrus paused for a minute then kept walking but I stayed where I was. From the other side of the court, Tara was glaring at me.

What was that all about?