Chapter 6: Swimming With Dogs

Chapter 6

Swimming With Dogs

Rhylee

Swim practice started at 2 at the pool on Thursdays and ended at 5. After that, it was free-swim. I decided to ride out an hour at the pool, just drifting on the water.

Little did I know that someone else had slipped into the water with me. All of a sudden, large hands grabbed my waist and I was drug under the water.

Frantically splashing everywhere, I finally hit something hard and solid. I was quite proud of myself when I hit it again and heard a loud groan. Then a familiar voice.

“Dear lord, Rhylee!” My vision finally cleared and I saw the broad shoulders and tanned skin of Jax. “I was just playin. You didn’t have to go and punch my manhood.”

I laughed and tried to sound apologetic. “Sorry, but you shouldn’t have snuck up on me like that. Especially in the water. You know I’m a ninja in the water.”

Jax flipped back and started floating on his back. “Come on, Rhy, let’s be honest. You could have hit my dick in or out of a pool.”

“True,” I laughed. I jumped onto his bare abs, forcing him to the bottom of the pool.

We played games like that until the sun started to set and the chain link fence around the pool area started to rattle. There was a large group of people standing on the other side.

Someone let out a whistle and others began howling. I heard one person yell, “Get a room!”

“We were trying!” Jax yelled back.

The other people, whom I seen recognized as the ones that I met before at the pool, climbed over the fence. What was the point in wasting time to walk through the front gate when you could just jump the one closer?

“Hey, Rhy,” Tara said and slipped into the pool next to me. Was it just me, or did she sound completely fake? “It’s totes great to see you again.”

“Definitely,” Bambi said, sitting down on the side of the pool.

“Most definitely.” Farah sat down next to Bambi. “I love having more girls in the group.”

“Mhmm.” Tara nodded in agreement. “But where’s that other girl? With the nappy hair and bad complexion?”

I looked at her, quizzically and like I was offended. She had to be talking about Reesie, but since I looked exactly like her, I was so not digging the digs on her appearance. Well, that, and she’s my sister.

“Oh, that Reese girl? I liked her.” Bambi said and they laughed in an i-know-something-you-don’t-know kind of way.

“You should introduce us to your other friends around here!” Farah nodded excitedly. “I heard my brother asked one of them out. Serena was it?”

“Selena.” I corrected her.

“That’s actually a pretty good idea.” Jax said. gliding over towards us.

“Asking Selena out?” I looked at him like he was crazy.

“No, no, no. Getting Selena and Haven to come and meet the girls.” He gestured to the ones sitting on the side of the pool. “As a matter of fact, the annual teen bonfire is one Saturday. We could all go together!”

“Sure. I mean, we would probably be going anyways, so why not?” I smiled at him.

“Great!” The girls all squealed with delight. I’m almost positive they were just feigning it.

I decided to leave soon after that discussion. and so did everyone else. And I could have sworn that when we were toweling off, there was a distinct scent of wet do floating around.

“Does anyone else smell that?” I asked and raised my nose. “Wet dog?”

Jax laughed and it sounded kind of nervous. “No way, Rhylee. Unless you see a dog in the pool.”