Thanks For The Help

In my first class, all we did was go over the rules and guidelines of the classroom. Everyone knows these because they are literally the same thing for every class. No one participated in this boring part of our first day back, and I did the same.

I am a straight A student, I always have been. So honestly, I have nothing to worry about. I started scribbling in my brand new comp book without even thinking, and ended up shocked at what I had drawn.

I started looking closer at what I had just drawn, and saw a bunch of weird designs, covering a messy sketch of the guitar that I owned a couple years ago.

I really miss playing, and it was the only thing that made me happy when I was sad. I would stay up until 2 in the morning playing, and it was just the perfect way to relieve some stress and calm myself down.

That night when my dad had gotten super drunk and smashed that guitar, and for a while after that night, I struggled to find a way become happy again. Drugs were very expensive, alcohol made people turn into fucking assholes (take my dad for example), and art wasn't my thing.

I was a wreck back then, and after many days of humiliation, bullies, and stress, I finally found what made me happier. I took a blade to my hip for the first time, and I regretted it at first, but then felt this relief, better than any drug or drink could bring.

The bell suddenly rang, and I collected my thoughts and supplies on my desk, to go to my next class. As I was about to enter the classroom, Steve pushed me, right on my back where my new bruise was forming, and I fell to my knees. All of my stuff fell, but thankfully I didn't have much, since it was just the first day of school.

I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick everything up. A tall figure next to me suddenly bent down too, and helped me with my stuff. I finally looked up to see who this person was, I met eyes with a very attractive, I mean nice boy.

"Shit I'm not gay. Why did I say that?"

I fell out of my thoughts when the figure said,

"Are you okay? I saw that douche trip you, and I felt like you needed some help with your stuff."

"Ya I'm fine, I'm used to them. And thanks for the help." I said this very nervously.

For some reason, my heart was suddenly beating really fast, and I felt my cheeks get warm.

The tall man replied, "I understand. Sorry that they treat you this way. I was about to confront them, but I decided to help you out instead. Oh, by the way, I'm new here, and my name is Mike."

"Thanks Mike" I replied and walked off.

What?.. Just?.. Happened???