Chapter Ten

I'm back.. ish lol I will definitely update way more in the summer. Thanks to all of you for the support. I am everywhere with the books, I will be writing it after I finish this one. No it will not be a sequel, it'll be another werewolf book, due to me being obsessed with werewolves.. I think I have a problem. (Slightly obsessed with James Arthur...)~

Merlon finally lands and Kaitlyn slides off, as soon as her feet land on the ground she's immediately pushed behind Merlon. She notices his tail unwrapping itself from her wait and she rolls her eyes.

Merlon faces the threat in the distance, another roar comes closer and louder than before.

When the figure appears before them Merlon tenses ready for an attack but, as the figure gets closer it looks more dragon-like. Merlon sighs and Kaitlyn raises an eyebrow.

'It's just my second-in-command dii silliin," Merlon says in a calm manner.

"Oh? Why would he alert us like that?" Kaitlyn asks.

'Because he's an asshole,' Merlon chuckles.

When the dragon lands in front of the he looks at both of the questioningly before shifting into human form.

"Hello M'lady," The man says bowing.

Kaitlyn makes a sound between laughter and disbelief,"An asshole, eh? Seems pretty polite and chivalrous to me".

The man chuckles,"The names Lyonal, and I'm pretty sure the king here has told you what I am to him".

"I'm Kaitlyn," She brings her hand out to shake his and he nods and brings her hand to his mouth gently kissing it.

Suddenly a growl is heard and a very human hand grabs hers pulling it away. She turns around to see Merlon had shifted and was glaring at his second-in-command. Kaitlyn raises an eyebrow before giggling slightly.

Lyonal chuckles," Relax, I'm mated and am not stupid enough to make a move on the future queen".

Kaitlyn rolls her eyes again.

"Careful sweetheart, your eyes might get stuck like that," Merlon says giving her a disapproving stare.

"You're just mad that I don't think you being possessive is hot," Kaitlyn mutters.

Lyonal bursts into laughter,"She'll fit right in here".

"I would think so she has dragon shifter blood flowing through her veins," Merlon says looking at Lyonal.

Lyonal looks at Kaitlyn in surprise, while Kaitlyn looks at Merlon angrily.

"I prefer that people do not know where I came from," Kaitlyn bites out angrily.

Merlon looks amused,"What are you going to do if I just happen to tell everyone in the kingdom about it?"

"Its none of their damn business, fire breath," Kaitlyn insults  gritting her teeth.

Lyonal looks between the two in amusement.

Merlon chuckles quietly," Fire breath? What are we in elementary school?"

"Pompous ass, I might just refuse to accept this bond," Kaitlyn says putting her hands on her hips.

Merlon suddenly glares, " I could just blackmail you, it's won't-".

Merlon doesn't finish the sentence because something hits him in the face.

Everyone's head snaps in the direction it came from to see a seething woman.

"Merlon is that any way to talk to your mate?!" the woman shouts,"I raised you better, you ass".

Kaitlyn looks amused,"His mother?".

Lyonal shakes his head chuckling,"My mother, she sort of adopted him after his died".

Merlon looks a little embarrassed but, just glares ahead.

"Oh, hello it's nice to meet the woman who'll knock this rude prick down a peg," the old woman says brightly.

Kaitlyn snickers looking at Merlon who looks sheepish.

(Lyonal above)  Edited (9/16/18)