Killer Toddlers

This is just what I need. Killer toddlers.

I stumble back through the slightly damaged swinging door as three little toddlers stared at me hungrily.

"Shhhhhh." I breathed, hands up at the toddlers. Are they toddlers? Maybe their preschoolers? Well, either way, it's not the best way to die.

I kept backing up watching the door swing back and further in front of me. I watched it slowly creak back into place.

Creaaaaak.

Creeeeak.

Crrrreak.

"Shhhhhh." I coaxed at the door. I know it won't work but in this world, you hope for everything. And right now I was hoping that nothing was going to come out of the room I just left and nothing was going to jump from behind me.

Slowly the swing door came to a halt. I let out my breath and slowly turned back around planning on bolting as soon as I was out of earshot.

I took my first step away.

Creak.

"Shhhh." I turned quickly back around just to be tackled by a little boy.

"Shit."

"Arghh!" The little boy growled. Actually, scratch that, I'm not being tackled by a little boy I'm begin tackled by a killer toddler and as I was saying, not really the way I wish to die.

Panicking I put my arm up protecting my face, the metal guard that's fitted to my forearm, slamming into to the killer toddlers jaw. The toddler started chewing at my arm, it was only then that I realised that the other two toddlers were stumbling towards me.

"Fuck," I swore. Shoving the first toddler off of me I stumble away, crawling at first then I was up and running. I glanced back to see that the killer toddlers weren't stumbling now, they were running. I never knew how fast people could get when they're dead, and I never knew that I actually had to try and focus on running fast when being chased by a toddler.

This is not boosting my confidence.

I ran through the car park, looking for a weapon. But there were only rusted, empty cars having already been ransacked. I was on the fifth floor of the car park, so I couldn't jump out the gap. But that would be a more peaceful way to die. Unless I didn't when I fell, and they found me.

Shuddering I let the thought disperse. Still running I check behind me, only to see that I hadn't lost the killer toddlers but they were still the same distance away from me.

That's good... Isn't it?

Taking a sharp turn I speed down the ramp, eyeing off and fire escape door. It had been lodged open. Checking behind me again, all three killer toddlers were really graceful runners. And that really pissed me off. But the reason I checked again was because a large box was holding the door open, all I need is enough time to push it out of the way and then the killer toddlers can't get me. For awhile.

I pushed my legs to leap further, feeling my leg muscles being overworked by the sudden adrenaline now fading away.

"Come on. Come on. Come on." I chanted to myself. As I got closer and closer to the escape door.

"Arghhhhh."

"Urghh"

"Grrrr"

The killer toddlers started talking, groaning and growling behind me. Causing me to get a bucket full of fear to awaken my senses. Getting me to bolt to the door like I was one of them. Not looking up to see my impending doom, I tried to kick over the box. It bounced back with the force I kicked it. Getting down on my knees I shifted the box, getting it to slide across the ground a bit.

Now I glanced up.

Fuck.

They were two meters away and they are obviously gaining. Groaning myself, I applied all my upper body strength - which wasn't much - and managed to get it just on the edge of the door. Leaping up I took the next resort, heaving the door shut and hoping the box will spin out of the way.

The door was heavy. And the killer toddlers where now a meter away.

Fuck. Fuck.