Chapter twenty one

Noodle was still in the hospital. Murdoc got checked out early but he hasn't visited her ever since the incident. As a crude and lewd man he was, he does have a little heart. He felt guilty, knowing a fatal accident could kill them both. Instead, it killed the baby.

He was all alone in Kong Studios. Russel and 2D were hardly home, only to keep Noodle company. However, Russel drove back to Kong every now and then, only to check up on Murdoc.

Murdoc pondered in his Winnie, retracing back why Cyborg acted in a certain way, leading them to the accident. It was hard to figure it out, knowing not everyone own their cyborg.

'Is it because of training?' He thought, but Cyborg was fine after a couple months of training. Her fighting techniques were identical as Noodle's. 'Or is it because I returned?' He swiveled his chair side by side, tapping his fingers on the table with rhythm.

His eyes averted to the USB as he stopped tapping his fingers.

He stretched his long arm and grabbed the USB that was previously updated on Cyborg, plugged it in the drive. He waited for it to load. He sighed, continued to swiveled his chair. As the process finish, a popup appeared. His eyes squinted for a bit as he read it. Slowly as he read each sentence, his eyes widened.

'Son of a bitch.'

~
"2D-Saaan, change the channel." Noodle complained, she wasn't pleased with the hospital's channel. "Boring. Boring. Boring!" She whined. 2D groaned and switched it for her, till she was pleased with one channel. Cartoon Network.

"This one!" She cried, 2D placed down the remote on the side table. "There ya go, luv." He let out a goofy smile. Noodle huddled up between Russel and 2D as everyone watched Cartoon Network. Regular Show was playing.

Noodle laughed hard at the scene where the character named Mitch made a my mum joke and took of his shirt and used it as a lasso. "He looks like Murdoc!" She pointed. "Sure does, baby girl." Russel giggled.

"Regula' Sho'? It doesn't look regla'." 2D spoke as the show transfered into a commerical break. "It"s because the title doesn't have to match the show." Russel replied, hopping off the hospital bed.

"I think it's time I should get going now." Russel glanced to both 2D and Noodle, who noticed Noodle frowning when he had to check up on Murdoc.

"I'll be back. Like always." He said. Russel walked towards the door and opened, only to see Murdoc bent down with hands on his knees as he catched his breath.

"Ha-Hey guys." He breathed deeply. "Well, speak of the devil, we have Murdoc." Russel closed the door behind him as Murdoc strut inside.

He froze as he saw Noodle looking at him. It was an awkward glance that he looked away to Russ, making it even awkward.

"Awkward." 2D mumbled.

"CaptainAwkward?" Noodle tilted her head in confusion.

"Who?" Both Russel and Murdoc asked.

"Oh nothing, it sounds familiar." Noodle couldn't remember from the tip of the tongue. She probably thought of the username she replied a few weeks ago.

"Anyways, I got news. That's why I came here." Murdoc swiftly sat on a nearby chair. "I figured what happened to Cyborg." 2D and Noodle at each other, then back at Murdoc.

"Like how she was actin' rude?" 2D asked.

"Yes." Murdoc nodded. He pulled out a  USB from his pocket and rose it between the level of his face.

"What about it?" Russel piped in.

"Well," Murdoc paused. Wasn't sure if anyone was ready to hear it. "Turns out she got a virus, which was clumsy of me."

Russel sighed in disappointment. "Why didn't you check if there was a virus? I thought you have firewall."

"About that," Murdoc's heart was racing, knowing it'll tip the iceberg for Russel. "It kind of expired, so I ignored it." A slam was on the table.

"You almost killed baby girl." Russel stood up, grabbed Murdoc in the collar and placed his finger on his head. He twisted and turn his finger as he spoke, "Instead, the baby had to die."

"Russel-San!" Noodle clutched the blanket tightly. She turned to 2D. "Stop him!" She pushed him out of the bed.

2D tried to pull Russel off, but he was too scrawny and weak to separate the big Russ and Murdoc.

Russel gritted his teeth and growled. Murdoc wiggled helplessly, causing him to drop down. "Fuck this shit, nigga. I am out." Russel went out to cool off, 2D followed. Murdoc and Noodle were left alone in the room.

Murdoc was on the ground, frozen. Noodle watched him for a mere second, awkward silence peaked in again.

"Mur-"

"I killed the baby, right?" Murdoc mumbled, cutting her off. They didn't expect to speak at the same

Noodle shook her head. "It was just a freak accident." She smiled sadly. It hurts that she lost her baby, but she knew Murdoc has always had a soft heart.

"I'm sorry, Noodle."

She slowly got off the hospital bed, walked towards Murdoc and then hugged him from behind. "Shhh, don't cry."

"Crying?! I'm not crying!" Murdoc hissed and turned to her. "Awww Murdoc-San is crying!" Noodle teased some more, hugging him tight.

"I am not!" He crossed his arms.

"Maybe inside you're secretly crying."

"Whatever."

"Admit it."

"Hell should I?"

Noodle laughed for the first time in weeks, despite being stressed from losing her child. What matter to her was Murdoc knowing his mistake.