Chapter Three

Author's Note:

Happy reading to my friends out there.

_winona_

Chapter Three

Elsa's POV

As I walk out of the room, I hurriedly answered my phone, not bothering who the caller is.

"Hello Elsa Bailene, who is this?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Hello Ms.Bailene, this is John Cruz, Head of the HR Department of St. Luke's Hospital that you applied for" the man on the other line ansewred me.

"Oh yes, I remember, How can I help you sir?" i said

"We'll we just want to inform you that, you are now officially hired " he said.

I started to feel like I was flying by what I've heard, when I was cut off by my imagination. "Hello, Maam, are you still there?" the man said.

" Uh yes I'm still here" he continued what he was saying. "and maam, we also had your flight booked on sunday, so we are expecting your presence here by Monday."

Sunday? What is it now? It's Tuesday. I only had four days left here in Pitcairn. I should start packing my clothes.

" Ok Sir, I understand. I'll be there on Monday ..and thank you again for hiring me" I said with courtesy.

"No need to thank me, Ms.Bailene, thank the boss, Ma'am . Anyways, See you here in New York" with that he hanged up.

Before I the chance to say thank you again, the line went dead..

I started walking to my father's study room, when I heard their raising voice at each other, seems like they are arguing over something. I ignore it and started to open the door when I heard my name mentioned. I know it's rude to eavesdrop but but I can't help so I open the door ajar and listens intently. Mother mentions my name and a man's name I didn't able to catch. Then she said something about marriage, who is going to get married . I started being curious more and more, so I open the door a little bit to have a view of them but the door creaked causing my parents to stop at what they are doing and looke at me.

Well talk about being caught.

"How long have been in there?" my mother ask with a furios look in her face.

"just got in, why? " i said lying a little bit. I know lying is bad, but iieessshh its not like a big crime. I mean just this once.

"nothing"mother said returning to take a seat.

Then I saw father hiding the folder he brought out a while ago. somethings not right in here i said to myself.

"what's that father?"I ask him. he look up at me with a tired face closing his drawer.

"Nothing, you don't need to worry about this.. It's just business." he said uneasily.

"okey" i said then continued. " so what is this that you are supposed to be telling me?" i ask once again.

"Just forget about it, its not important" mother said. "so who called you if you don't mind me asking" mother said.

"ah that" i said. "why don't you guess? i continued. Curiousness no longer ate me.

" its that your suitor , Daniel?" Father said.

Daniel Carteret, well yes, he's my suitor from nearby Island. He is the great-grand son of Philip Carteret and the only son of Philip Carteret II; my father's friend and business partner also. He is the heir of the shipping vessels here in Pitcairn. His handsome, smart, kind, charming and good but i just don't like him. I don't know why?