Chapter One ~ Sophomore Year

Copyrighted. © 2012 All Rights Reserved.

One Chance

All Rights Reserved. All of my stories, including chapters, prologues, epilogues and all associated content is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of these works. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of these works constitutes as an infringement of copyright and is punishable by law.

All Rights Reserved.

Book Cover made by @Luv_Da_Arts

Book Trailer made by @sammyspirit_12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! This is my first werewolf type of book. I'm not sure how it will go, but I will make it good! Hope you all like it and enjoy the first chapter!! I would like to dedicate it to @bnj2011 because her book "Forgive and Forget" was the very first werewolf book I ever read here on Wattpad. It totally inspired me! :]

Enjoy! xo ❤  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emalee's POV

I looked at the yellow crescent moon outside my bedroom window. The stars were shining brightly. I clasped my hands together and looked at the sky in awe. I could feel the heat from the August winds as they brushed against my skin. Tomorrow was the first day of school and the beginning of my Sophmore year. I'm not nervous, I'm just upset that Summer is over, and that for the next 10 months would be focused on school and grades. I wish summer didn't go so fast. I wish it lasted longer. Ugh.

The only good thing I heard is the Sophmore year is "full of surprises". Let's just hope for the best on that one.

"Sophomore year." I whispered to myself.

I picked out my clothes for tomorrow and made sure everything was ready to go. I don't really know what to expect this year. There's rumors that we are getting new kids this year. That's what my friend Veronica told me.I call her "Roni". I just hope she doesn't forget to pick me up tomorrow. She got her driver's license over the summer when she turned 16. Worst case scenario. I just drive myself to school.

My eyes started getting heavier and heavier. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

~ The Next Morning ~

I woke up around 6:30ish. The sun was shining brightly. During summer on a day like this, I would be outside. In the pool, or exploring the area of Russellville here in Arkansas.

I quickly got dressed a started eating breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite. I sipped my glass of milk and checked the clock.

Hurry Veronica! I thought to myself.

"Oh! My baby is a Sophmore!" My mother squealed.

I smiled a little bit. Just let my parents do there thing. It goes faster that way.

"Here, let me get a picture of my little pumpkin!" My dad said excitedly.

I posed for the picture and dad took the picture. I let them do this because five years ago when I was 11, my older sister, Rachael was killed. She was only 17 when it happened. She was raped and beaten so bad she bled to death. Ever since then, my parents have been über protective of me and my older brother, Keegan.

Me and Keegan are good kids. He's heading to college next year at Arkansas State. So I don't feel as weird going to school today. He's a senior and he promised me he has my back.

"Keegan, get down here! Tour mother wants a picture of you and Emalee." My dad said.

"Coming!" Keegan said rushing down the steps.