Part four: Regret

(Your point of view)

*month time skip brought to go  by lazy writing*

"Inuyasha! Where are you?" I called. I couldn't find Inuyasha anywhere, so in the end I gave up and went to Kohaku's house. "Just in time for a story, (y/n)! Come in," Kohaku greeted. He held the door open to let me inside. "Thank you," I said. I sat down in front of Miroku and Kohaku came to sit down next to me. It's probably a tale about Inuyasha... I mean that was most of his life. He worked with him to repair the jewel and continued to work with him after to slay demons. They were tight. "Alright, so this is another tale about Inuyasha. I know you two have heard plenty," Miroku said.

*Miroku's story*

(Kagome's point of view )

It was a nice day. Everything was perfectly normal until I fell in the well. A centipede demon was going about a jewel as I travelled through the well the first time. I climbed out of the well via some vines; my house was missing. I let out a sigh and looked around. And what I found was a boy around my age pinned to a tree. There was an arrow in his shoulder and large, thick vines grew around him. He was sleeping. Not to long after, some village people found me. They had suspected me to be a demon and I told them I wasn't. Priestess Kayedi found me and took her to her hut.

Not to long after, the centipede demon came again. It trapped me in the forest, demanding the jewel. As it turns out, the jewel was inside my body. It was forced out of my body and the centipede ate it. She then chained me to the tree that the boy was in with her body. She started to squeeze tight. To my surprise, the boy was awake. He told me to pull out the arrow, if I wanted to defeat it. The village people advised against it, but I pulled out the arrow anyway. He seemed trustworthy enough. Quite quickly, he slayed the demon and I retrieved the jewel.

After that, he started demanding for the jewel and making death threats. Kayedi told me not to give him the jewel, so I started to run. The half demon was hot on my tail, until I reached the bridge. Kayedi put a magic necklace around the boy and told me to say the word of subjugation. I had no idea what that word was. Since he was dog-like... I said the first thing that came to mind, "Sit boy." With that, he was forced to the floor.

*End of Miroku's story*

(Your point of view)

"And that's how Inuyasha and Kagome met," Miroku finished. "At least, that was what I was told." That reminded me... I haven't seen Inuyasha today. "Speaking of Inuyasha, I haven't seen him today. Any ideas?" I casually asked. Miroku put his hand on his chin. "It's Kagome's birthday today. I would believe he's at her grave," Miroku told me. At that, I instantly left the house. I came back a second later, with no clue where the grave it. "In the forest next to the well," Miroku sighed. "Thank you so much!" I said before rushing off again. I picked some flowers on the way and made a bunch. I wanted to leave something at Lady Kagome's grave for her.

Miroku was right: Inuyasha was standing in front of her grave. "What do you want?" He sneered. He could smell me... I didn't say anything and walked up to him. I put the flowers on her grave. "I said-" Inuyasha began, but I cut him off with a "shhh." I looked at him and patted his back. "Don't wake the resting," I whispered. I knelt down in front of the grave - I was on my hands and knees. "For all that is holy, we sincerely hope your spirit found peace. Peace and happiness," I murmured. Inuyasha gave me a confused look. I didn't give him an explanation and I looked at the well. There were some weird clothes on it. Kagome came from the future, didn't she?

I also came with a basket of food. I handed something from it to Inuyasha. "What?" He asked. I still didn't say anything. "If you're gonna be here and do things without explanation, atleast answer my questions." He complained. The half demon sat down next to me and started eating. "I care too," I whispered. " I never knew where her grave was, so I couldn't visit. No one would tell me. It was prayer, wishing her spirit peace. Peace and happiness." I was really upset when they wouldn't tell me where her grave was. I wanted to visit her so sad. Inuyasha ran his thumb across my cheek. "Don't cry," he said. Without my realisation, I was crying

(Inuyasha's point of view)

I wiped a tear of her cheek. She was crying... Kagome must of ment something to her. She did say she was her inspiration. "Don't cry," I told her. She touched her cheek. Didn't she realise she was crying. "I should be going. I probably disturbed your peace for long enough," she announced. The girl got up and was about to leave. I held onto the hem of her green kimono. "No," I said. "Don't go." She nodded and sat back down next to me. "She was great," I began. "She was getting old, but it was a demon that finished her off. I couldn't do anything about it. And I never found that demon." The (h/c) girl put her head on my shoulder. "I'll help you find it,"she told me. "I saw it."

I didn't say anything. I don't understand why the villagers wouldn't help her. "They didn't tell me because they'd knew I'd do something stupid to revive her. I may of been five, but I knew of a demon who could do that. I make rash decisions sometimes. They told me her time was coming to an end anyway. That I should let her rest in peace," she explained, as if she read my mind.

Miroku's notes:
Inuyasha could really do with a friend on this day. He always isolates himself. I hope (y/n) managed to make him feel better.