Part five: Hunting

(Your point of view)

I grabbed Inuyasha's hand and pulled him up. I started running, but I was not as nearly as fast as him. "The demon..." I said panting. "It's a centipede. Ironic, I know." Inuyasha's grip tightened as I fall to the ground. He completely stopped running and picked me up onto his back. The half demon ran to a tree covered in vines and surrounded by bones. Specifically, rib cage bones. "I smell ya, so you better come out!" Inuyasha yelled. I slid of his back. All I heard was laughing before something grabbed me. "(Y/n)!" Inuyasha yelled. That's the first time he's said my name. Inuyasha unsheathed his sword. It was like the sword was roaring with passion and anger. It was completely in sync with Inuyasha.

He jumped up into the air and sliced the centipede demon in half. With the last of the centipede's strength, it lodged one of it's legs into my face. I started falling and braced myself for an impact that never came. "You alright?" Inuyasha asked. I opened my eyes. I was on Inuyasha's back once more and he was taking me to the village. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered. "Then you might wanna take that leg out of you," he told me. I touched me cheek and felt something in it. I attempted to pull it. "No use..." I sighed. He finally said my name... "Inuyasha..." He stopped for a brief moment and started walking again. "You never said my name before," I told him.

"So what?" He muttered. I wrapped my arms tighter around him and did my best not to cry. "I thought you hated me," I told him. I felt something warm slide down my cheek. Damn it. "You're always cryin'. Why?" Inuyasha asked me. "It might have something to do with a centipede leg stuck in my face," I joked. He pulled it out with ease. "Why?" He repeated. "Why are you always grumpy?" I asked him. "Answer my question," he said with a raised voice. "Not until you answer mine first," I retorted. Inuyasha sighed as we entered my house. "Kagome..." he murmured. I started to prepare some soup. "I'm always crying because you're always grumpy," I told him with a smile.

"You know, I only knew you from stories. You really needed a friend, you isolated yourself. I wanted to help you." I walked over to him and pulled his face into a smile. "I've been waiting for a smile. A genuine one. Because you deserve to be happy. You deserve it more than anyone." I explained. I let go of his face and went back to cooking. "It won't kill you, but that sadness probably will." Inuyasha rubbed his face. He sat there in silence and rubbed his ear. I sat down at the table with him. I gave him some stew.

(Inuyasha's point of view)

"You're strong, but that isn't enough to be happy. You're cute, but that isn't enough to be happy," she said. I'm... cute!? "Being a tomato isn't going to mark you happy," (y/n) joked. I was going red? I rubbed my face and straightened my back. I started to eat the stew. I've always liked her cooking. "Are you going?" She asked me. I shook my head. "I think I'll stay tonight."

Sorry for the short one. I like the confession starring in the chapter I write.