Part Seven: Forgiveness

(Inuyasha's point of view)

That old hag must be lying. There's no way... "Inuyasha. I can handle this. Let me go," (y/n) demanded with sadness in her voice. "(Y/n)?" I whisper. I put her down but kept a hold of her shoulders. She gave me a smile. "Let me go. If you love me, let me go." She told me. She gave me a hug and walked over to the hag. "Let me see your back," the hag said. (Y/n) undid the back of her kimono and there was a burn mark. It was part of a spider. Not a whole spider... just part of it. "Let Kohaku go," she demanded. The hag nodded and tossed me the kid. I let out a sigh. "Get on my back, kid." I spat. The idiot shook his head. "We gotta help (y/n)!" He rebutted. "She can handle this. We gotta go!" I yelled. I picked up the kid and put him on my back.

I ran back to the village, getting constant complaints from the kid. His voice took on a more quiet tone when he asked me, "You've stolen her heart, haven't you?" I didn't say anything. I can't worry about this kid's stupid feelings while she's in danger. I opened the door to Miroku's house and dropped off the kid. Without saying anything, I sprinted back to the hag and hid in a bush. She clearly can't handle it. There were three other people in cages. "Clearly, you're the weakest link. You have all of Naraku's human parts. You are mildly demon," the hag hissed. "But if you're not involved, then it won't work." (Y/n) didn't move for a moment. "He does not define me. I am myself. It's hilarious you think otherwise," she laughed.

"After all, I'm mostly human. That makes me different. I'm just going to live a long, long life. So, if you please, I have a promise to keep." She continued the laugh. "You're not going. I need all four of your souls to make this clay warrior Naraku," the hag retorted. (Y/n) sighed. "We're going to do this the hard way, huh?" She murmured. "Oi, doggy. I know you're here. Get me out," she yelled. I am not a dog! I snuck up behind the old hag and stabbed her. I didn't want to deal with her clay warriors. I put (y/n) on my back. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "Why?" I asked her. "I didn't tell you that-" I cut her off by shushing her. "It doesn't matter. You're just going to live longer. That's fine by me. You have a promise to keep," I told her. "Thank you..." She whispered.

*time skip to morning brought to you by me trying to finish this quickly. I read a lot of stuff in my recommendation section. When I see an "x reader" story and the character is overpowered, I want to write my own version.*

(Your point of view)

"So what are we doing today?" Inuyasha asked me with a bored expression on his face. "Swimming!" I squealed while I dragged him to a lake. He let out a sigh. "I'm not a doggy, by the way." He told me. "You're right. You're not a doggy. You're my doggy. But if you want me to stop calling you doggy, I guess you're my Inuyasha." I told him. I kissed him on a cheek and he instantly went red. "Hey! Who said you could kiss me!?" He yelled. Not in anger, but in confusion. "Who said you could hug me then fall asleep on me?" I retort. I gave him a hug. "I don't need permission if you like it," I told him with a smile. "Now let's go swimming!" I squealed again.

I undid my kimono and stepped into the water. I wasn't completely nude; I had put fabric around my private areas for Inuyasha. "Get in!" I called. "No," he replied.

"In,"

"No,"

"In,"

"No,"

"In,"

"No,"

"No,"

"In,"

"Yes, I got you!" I said triumphantly. "I ain't getting in," he told me sternly. I rolled my eyes. He was sitting on a weak part of a cliff, that just so happened to hang above the lake. A devious smirk appeared on my face. And I just so happen to want him to sit down. "In," I said again. "No," he sighed. "Sit," I yell. The force of Inuyasha going onto the cliff floor caused the edge to fall off. It fell into the river, along with Inuyasha. He resurfaced and spat out some water. "I'm going to get you for that!" He yelled. "But you know you won't hurt me," I reply. I still wore a smirk on my face. "Who says I won't?" Inuyasha growled. "You do," I laughed. He started swimming towards me and I did my best to swim away.

Since I wasn't that fast, he caught me. Inuyasha lifted me up by the ankle and looked at me. "So what are you going to do, tough boy?" I teased. "This," he replied. His spare hand reached for the side of my stomach. Oh no. Please no. Have mercy Inuyasha! He starts tickling my sides. I burst out laughing; I was extremely ticklish. He layed me down on the side of the lake and tickled both my sides simultaneously. "Mercy! Mercy! Have mercy, you foul beast!" I shout through my laughter. Inuyasha stopped and lifted me up. "But..." I continued. "Since you're all wet now, there's no point not going swimming." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Fine," he sighed. After a while, he looked at me with sad eyes. "Do you think she would forgive me?" He asked me. I gave him a confused look. "Do you think Kagome would forgive me for finding someone else?" I looked at the stars. It had already turned night time. "I think she would. She was understanding and really sweet. I think she would want you to move on with your life," I replied. He gave me and hug and started to say something, "(y/n)... I love you."