Chapter 2

I blinked rapidly as I opened my eyes. I couldn't believe it. I was only so close to rubbing my eyes in disbelief. The whole room was completely covered in glass. Except for about two feet around where I stood.

But this glass... It seemed odd. It was steaming. I look forward towards the men whom I intended to kill, only to find out that they themselves had been covered in the glass.

I slowly began to walk towards them. I barely made the first step when I pulled my foot back. The glass was freezing cold. Cold. But then slowly, warm. Only then did I see what I didn't see before. The glass was steaming. It then hit me. What if this wasn't glass? What if... No... Maybe... What if this was ice? The cold steamy surface... But it couldn't be... It was in the middle of the summer and snow doesn't just appear in your living room like that.

I turned around and ran. I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. Why I was running, I had no idea. Where I would go, not a clue. But one thing was for certain, I was never stepping foot in that house again. I felt the twigs and leaves freeze under my feet.

I sped past tree after tree hoping I'd reach road. To no such avail. I jerked back as I suddenly I got hooked to the ground. I looked at my leg and gasped. My leg had been caught in a bear trap. But this made no sense. I should be in pain or at least bleeding but I wasn't. It stopped at the skin. I grabbed it on either side attempting to open it and expecting a degree of resistance. But it froze and snapped like a cracker.

What was I? Some kind of monster? Some messed up freak? None the less, I ran. I ran until I got to a river. I stood at the bank and bent over for a drink. My hands stopped inches from the surface of the water. My reflection... I was shocked.

I looked closely and observed myself. My hair had turned a very pale blonde. My skin was white and perfectly smooth. My lips were full and pink. And my eyes... My lord, my eyes... They were blue. Like unnaturally blue. Almost electric. And when I say electric, I mean the colour was moving like electricity. I opened my mouth to gasp and I saw my teeth. They were pearly white. They where beautiful. I was beautiful.

I quickly snapped myself out of the daze and got up, getting ready to run. When I heard a rustling in the leaves behind me. I picked up a branch. (It froze of course, but at least now I had a sharp cold object.) I should be okay... It was probably just a deer or something. I was wrong.

I tried my best not to wet myself as the creature appeared. It stepped out. Its sharp long claws the size of half my arm, its big teeth and reptilian eyes. Its scales. Its tail. A dinosaur! Yup, a freakin dinosaur. As if this night wasn't weird enough as it was. Though at this point, what was?

I wanted to scream. I did. I really did. But what would be the point? I mean really? Why? The middle of the night, somewhere in the woods, who would hear me?

Instead, I held the branch tight and got ready to strike with all my considerable strength, I stopped. The raptor, I guess, began to shake. It was in pain. I could relate. Though mine tortured my heart and not my body. I felt a bit of sympathy in spite of its carnivorous nature.

I was conflicted. The raptor hadn't attacked. I was ready to attack it just for existing. Was I the villain? Was I just like those men?

I was so deep in thought, I didn't realise that my reptilian opponent was slowly growing shorter, more humanoid. The claws began to contract, the snout shrunk and so did the teeth. About half a minute later, a fully grown man was standing in front of me.

White guy, late twenties as far as I could tell, but his warm brown eyes carried a wisdom and age that made me feel like he'd seen it all. He was pretty tall. I'd say six foot, six one... He had brown hair and big muscles. And most obvious of all, he was naked. Yup. Just what I needed. What surprised me the most was the fact I wasn't freaked out by this, but what could you expect? After this whole night, what would? He looked at the branch in my hand and smirked.

"Looks like I was a bit too late. I was really hoping that you wouldn't have to find out like this." He said with a disappointed yet sad expression not really meeting my eye. His voice was warm. Like hot chocolate on a cold winter night.

He looked me in the eye and began to reach out. His lips moved but I didn't give him the opportunity to talk. I grabbed him by the wrist, and threw him across the lake. He soared through the night sky. The scariest part was that I had not even used full strength. I guess a part of me felt a bit of a connection.

He held on to a branch on the other side. Which, at that speed, should have snapped his arm or rather, ripped it off. But there he was, essentially unscathed. For a second, he looked surprised, but then broke into a laugh. It was so familiar. Very warm and associated with good memories. Where have I heard this laugh before? It was so nostalgic. I froze. This man was...

Before I could put the pieces together, he grinned and yelled across the lake "That's my girl!"
____________________________________
That's some serious star wars type fizz going on there. Katherine. I am your father. OMG... I totally just realized you don't know her name. Well, its Katherine Sophia Blue. Its actually better this way. Telling you in the story will screw up the momentum.

QOTC: How do you think she'll respond?