Chapter 41

"Its been a while hasn't it?" I look at mercy while we stare at the room we're supposed to share.

"It feels like forever." She nods looking at the balcony like thing connected to the room. "Wanna?" She points at the door while I nod.

"You have a lighter?" She nods pulling one out and handing it to me. "You ever smoke with Brandon around?" I question and she nods.

"He doesn't like it though," she looks down while lighting the end of it. "He thinks I'm poisoning myself and I'm gonna die." She shrugs. "You ever smoke around Lindsay?" I shake my head frantically.

"She'd kill me, Lindsay wants to be a rehab doctor." I look down. "She knows about all of the drugs and all of their different affects."

"Then why do you still do them?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Why do you?" I lean my head against hers while she leans her head against my shoulder.

"I can't just give it up so easily, mom didn't." She shrugs blowing the last bit of smoke into the air before setting it in the ash tray.

"Come on babe, lets go to bed." I set the bud of mine down in the ash tray.

"Alright," she nods walking into the room and giving me a small sigh. "Brandon doesn't think I should stay in here." She gives me a weak smile.

"It's ok," I lie nodding. "Go see your boyfriend." I nod kissing her forehead while she walks out.

"Thank you," she waves walking off while I groan. I shut the door and the doors to the balcony before laying in the bed.

"Jericho?" Lindsay walks in slowly. "Mercy walks out and I know how much you were looking forward to," I give her a shrug which stops her. "I'll leave if you want me to?" She slowly advances and I open my arms for her.

"Thanks," I smile while she hugs herself against me.

"I know how much you miss her." She mumbles.

-

"Morning baby," Lindsay smiles at me, I sigh a little seeing as she's not Mercy. "Hey, I know I'm not Mercy babe but you were just so upset."

"I just don't see her anymore." I look down with a loud groan. "Brandon's taking her away from us."

"Why don't you do something with her?" She kisses my cheek.

"Like Brandon would allow it," I roll my eyes with a slight huff.

"We'll talk to him, she is your sister." She gives me a shrug and a kiss.

"Come on babes, lets go get ready." I grab her hand and lead her out of the room and towards her suitcase first. "Actually," I give her a small smirk. "Just put on your bathing suit, I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes," I kiss her cheek and make my way to my room to change. I quickly change into a pair of swim shorts and I grab us each a towel so we're prepared.

"Look at you," she giggles while I do an awkward waddle in a circle.

"I am pretty gorgeous." I giggle back lifting her a little off of the ground while we walk out to the pool. "We'll spend our time out here, you and me." I plant a soft kiss on her nose. "I haven't really told you how much I appreciate you coming with me." I giggle and look at her. "Pool or hot tub?" I give her a smile.

"Let's chill in the hot tub for a bit?" I nod leading her towards it.

"CJ!" Mercy squeals.

"First I gotta see your brother, I'm sorry but he's so cute." She grabs my hand and drags me into the house.

"Hi baby," I smile at him taking him from Grans arms.

"He's a little handful, just like your mother." She shakes her head a little.

"He can stay with us today if you want, we'll take good care of him." I nod while Lindsay plays with the child on my hip.

"It's alright, your uncle Geoff is coming over soon to pick him up and we'll take Angelina." She nods while I kiss his head.

"Why are you so tiny pumpkin?" I smile kissing his cheek. "You're too small." I smile wider.

"He's so cute," Lindsay squeals. "I want him," she smiles at him and grabs his small hands.

"The poor boys been depressed." Gran pouts taking him back. "I think he misses your parents." She pouts laying his head against her shoulder.

"I've never heard of a depressed baby." Kaiden giggles touching his soft head startling him slightly.

"Neither have I," Gran shrugs. "Now off with you, go enjoy yourselves, don't pity the old woman with a baby." She laughs sending us away while looking around the house.

"We'll hang around here for a bit and then we could go visit my cousins?" I shrug at Lindsay while we walk out. "I could show you more around where I grew up." I shrug. Adam and Laura always leave early in the mornings because he doesn't wanna have to introduce us probably.

"That sound like fun, it could be a mini date." She smiles.