Chapter 74

"You can't stay for the whole time," she explains fixing my tie. "You have to be back before eight alright?" She nods at me and I smile.

"You're the best," I give her a tight squeeze. "Thank you for doing this." She nods simply going back to fixing my tie.

"Alright go and surprise your daughter," she smiles sending me off. I nod quickly running almost in the direction of her wedding. Adam locks his arm with hers and the wait a ways away from everyone else. Little Everleigh is their flower girl and their son Jayden the ring barer but all of the other children seem to be incorporated too.

"Am I late?" I whisper to her and she shakes her head.

"No the wedding hasn't started yet." She whispers not really realizing.

"Ok I'll wait," I smile as she turns to face me.

"Daddy," she squeals jumping on me. "You're here?" She smile at me almost in disbelief.

"I couldn't miss this baby girl," I kiss her forehead. "When's it starting?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"In like five minutes," she stares as people start getting situated. "But you're here." She gasps. "Is it gonna be like moms and you leave right away?" I shake my head.

"I need to get back by eight how long is I this gonna be?" I kiss her cheek again. It's about noon.

"It shouldn't go much longer than eight," she squeezes me again while people start turning to us. Adam walks off and everyone smiles, except for Brandon. He looks angry almost that I'm here, he just doesn't seem impressed at all.

"Come on love I think it's starting," I giggle and she nods walking with me. Her arm hooks my own and her hand laces with mine. "I'm very happy for you and I'm extremely proud." I kiss her temple.

"Thank you dad, it means a lot." She nods.

"Take good care of her," I nod at Brandon who rolls his eyes simply.

"Brandon," she scolds. I move to the side next to Reese.

"Where's Justin?" I reach slowly for her hand which she pulls away.

"I don't know, in Afghanistan." She shrugs continuing to stare at our daughter and her groom.

"Her dress, is it the one you wore?" She hushes me moving farther away so she could probably escape our conversation. "It looks just as pretty on her as it did on you." I whisper to myself as she's no longer paying any attention to me. "Hi mom," I sigh sitting next to her.

"Shawn," she smiles whispering at me. "Surprised to see you here." She smiles giving me a hug.

"I could say the same to you." I chuckle. "I thought you weren't in touch with them after the divorce?" She shakes her head.

"You're still my baby and they are still your kids so I've tried staying a little more connected." She shrugs. "Reese likes that, she enjoys spending time with us." She chuckles.

-

"I have to go after this." I dance with her in the middle of the dance floor.

"Why can't you stay any longer?" She sniffs she's already been crying this whole time.

"My nurse is here, I've probably gone over my time allowed out." I kiss her forehead while people start moving onto the dance floor.

"But daddy," I give her a tight squeeze. She's still just my little baby girl, the one I didn't get to watch grow up, the one I didn't get to teach but the one who loved me anyways through all that happened.

"I'm sorry baby, I love you alright?" I kiss her temple.

"I love you too." Brandon still looking very unimpressed stays at the table him and Mercy share. I heard him talking to her earlier, he told her I'm dangerous and she shouldn't be around me any longer. "I'm sorry about him daddy," she sighs looking towards her husband. "He thinks you're very threatening." I shrug.

"He's never liked me, no one ever did." I kiss her forehead once more. "Goodbye darling." I stare around at the other pope le in the room giving me weird stares. "I hope you'll come visit me." I quickly walk off and towards Kennedy my nurse.

"I'm sorry you can't stay any longer." She gives me a gentile hug.

"I got to stay for this long," I look back in at Brandon who refuses to let her come back to see me.

"Wait Shawn?" Reese's frail voice calls while she runs after me. "I-I just wanted to thank you," she avoids all eye contact. "For coming today?" She plays with her fingers. "It means a lot to her."

"You know I wouldn't have missed this." I stare at her hands and then her lips but then her stomach. A small bump is visible through her dress.

"Well that's all I needed." She darts off towards Nathan and Jake and a tall girl who seems to know them all, I'm not too sure who she is though.

"Want a hug?" She sighs at me.

"You don't know how much I miss her." I stare while she waddles but only a little bit. I wish the child is mine but I know it's not.

"It's ok," she hushes trying to calm me down before we walk into the flock of paparazzi.

"She's gonna have a baby with him." I groan and she sighs.

"I'll do anything for you to stop crying." She pleads a little.

"Will you just hold me?"