Chapter 105

Week forty away from home

"You're home," her lips stay pressed against mine. I'd come to the house and snuck in as she cooked and played the kids some music in the background. She was sitting Athena down when she saw me. Her eyes filled with tears and so did all of my children's eyes, except for Athena. I was expecting her to be completely confused as to who I am but she seemed to have full knowledge and she was even very excited to see me which made me happy.

"I told you I'd come home." I smile kissing her again. She'd let me spend all of my time with the kids and when the clock struck twelve they were sent off to bed no matter how surreal the experience and how much they feared I'd be gone when they woke up again they listened to their mothers orders and were off to bed.

"I have a surprise for you," she smiles wrapping her arms around my neck not allowing me to move any farther away from her. "I'll tell you in the morning," she shakes her head kissing me again. "I can't believe my baby's home." She sighs of content holding onto me with all that she can.

My limbs are tired and slightly weakened since I've returned but it doesn't stop me from hugging my family as tightly as I used to, although it's proving to have its challenges. "What's this?" She stares at the bandage covering my neck.

"I'm fine," I reassure but it doesn't stop her worry. "Don't touch it," I swat at her hands making her jump a little, her eyes go wide.

"Did you get shot?" She moves farther away from me. Far enough to fall off of the bed. "Shawn I swear if you got shot," she stands up and starts pacing back and forth.

"I was almost shot, this is just the bullet brushing against my neck and cutting me." I refrain from telling her about all of my near death experiences. "I promise doll, I'm fine," I kiss her forehead after standing to stop her worry. "Now Come to sleep with me I'm tired," she checks the time and nods. When I got back she was wearing some shorts and a button down t shirt that again belonged to me, but she had it tied up just above the hem of the shorts which were also mine. They were an old pair of sweatpants I was gonna throw out, full of holes and covered in baby puke, she cut them into a pair of shorts for herself and washed away all of the baby vomit.

"I suppose it is pretty late." She nods slowly removing her clothing and laying in bed with me. My eyes shut before her own and I can hear her texting and talking to people on the phone but it doesn't bother me, I'm still with my girl, and she's still in my arms.

-

I'm greeted by giggles and the smell of fresh muffins making me smile. My family consists of the most amazing people you could ever imagine and I love them all with all of my heart. "Good morning daddy?" Angelina uses the most innocent voice she can.

"Angie," they sigh as my eyes open. "We were gonna let you sleep." I smile at the embarrassed little girl and I lift her into my arms.

"Good morning princess," I smile widely at my daughters enthusiasm. She holds onto me tightly laying her head on my shoulder.

"Are you gonna stay home forever now?" I chuckle at her but she remains extremely serious with me.

"Well pumpkin, I'm not gonna go on any more trips like that last one if that's what you're asking." She simply nods but holds onto me. Justin and Reese have been talking about something since this morning and she won't tell me what it is, all I know is that it's supposedly unimportant.

"Good," she whispers to me holding tightly onto my neck. "I missed you lots daddy." She whispers again crying softly against my shoulder.

"Don't cry pumpkin." I hush and she looks up at me.

"I'm in a school for the gifted now daddy?" She smiles looking as if she'd disappointed me with her tears and needs to make sure I wasn't disappointed in her forever. "Me, Dylan, Izzy and Marshall all go to the same school now." She smiles knowing I'd always been very proud of Izzy for getting into that school and so young too. Izzy's in for music and math and Angelina got in because of how talented she is in art.

"That's amazing princess, do you like it there?" She nods against my shoulder and I smile. "I'm glad," she lays herself next to me. She's still in her frozen pyjamas, she loves Elsa and Anna more than any of the other princesses Disney has.

"We made you muffins." CJ climbs into my free arm. "And I helped." He smiles sitting on my knee. "Mama was really proud of me," he starts with a smile. "Are you proud of me too daddy?" I nod at him with a smile kissing his forehead, Athena can't hold her silence and bursts out of Kaiden's grip crawling into my lap.

"Daddy," she giggles hugging me as best she can. This is a better greeting than what I had hoped for.

Reese whispers things to our older kids who nod before she comes over to me and kisses my head.

"Where are you going?" I furrow my eyebrows and she chuckles.

"You'll find out at ten thirty." It's ten o'clock now. And I'm sure she's set something up for all that I've missed. I'm nervous and slightly confused but I'm beyond excited for what the futur may hold the feeling of her soft lips longer while I send my children to get dressed which they do without hesitation, making me fear I've gone all army on them. I don't want to scare them and I don't want to hurt them either and if I've started with the army yelling and what not they're gonna be terrified.

A/N

cutemendes98 nominated me for the tag challenge, so I'm gonna do it here and I'm just gonna do all of the same ones.

What type of food do you hate the most?

I absolutely hate, peas. They are so disgusting and I don't understand why you'd put them in anything they ruin food!

What food do you like?

I love most foods, except peas and some stupid foods that just make no sense to me.

What state do you live in?

I'm Canadian so I don't live in a state I live in a province. I live in Alberta which is too far away from Shawn for my liking

Describe Shawn in one paragraph?

A charming, charismatic and good looking angel. Hand crafted he was given to the earth as a gift, his mission to keep any one on this planet happy and show them love and peace.

So I don't have any nominations but thanks cutemendes98 for nominating me.