Sleep Paralysis

Waking up in a foreign place compared to where I had become adjusted to sleeping was always difficult for me. When I would wake up I would always be overcome with frightening visions of sleep paralysis. It were the shadows that appeared first. Just human shadows that manged to always be darker than the room no matter how dark it was. They were always indescribably noticeable.

Although everytime they appeared there would always be one shadow that was the same and I'm sure he liked to reoccur just to scare me further. He had worn a top hat and fancy suit dating back to 1812 AD. He was a shadow person. Over the years of having these paralysing dreams I'd become custom to know what every type of monster I saw was. You see, shadow people aren't an uncommon thing to see. The average person sees them at least once in their life.

Although because of incurable sleep paralysis I've seen them all over 300 times before thanks to touring and such. I always felt bad for the guys because sometimes it would be the middle of the night and they'd wake up to me screaming bloody murder with my eyes wide open but as stiff as a board. They couldn't wake me up. No one can wake up a person from sleep paralysis. It's something that has to be in control of the dreamer. Of course, it's definitely not that simple. Believe me, I tried every method in existence to rid my quivering form of my paralysing hallucinations. Alas, they come back every time almost always seeming a bit worse than the last.

I was awaiting another of these dreams to consume me as I'm sure I was in a different place to my home that I shared with Kristin. I could've​ be in one of two places: the hospital, or still laying on the warm asphalt, that had been heated by the sun all day and was just cooling off as sunset arrived for hopeless dreamers.

I saw cracks of light creeping through my eyelids and attacking my sensitive eyes. Then the voices came. The voices were always showing up with the monsters. It was the monsters talking but the would never show themselves fully; only expose parts of what would scare me into a paralyzed state.

My eyes opened fully and blinding white light had a full attack on my eyes with the intention of winning. The shadow was here now. Maybe it had been waiting the whole time, I couldn't be sure. Although I was certain that he was creature in which the voice belonged. I tried to move my body to turn away from what I was to turn toward the direction of the voice but just like every other time I was paralyzed. I was most likely screaming but I couldn't hear or feel myself doing it.

It wasn't long before nurses and doctors came running in to calm me down. I woke up then. My throat was cracked and dry indicating that I had, indeed, been screaming.

"Mr Way? Do you remember what happened to you?" A doctor asked.

"Hit by car." I croaked out.

Blacking out straight after.