The Devil's Sister

Mia and Manny were getting their lunch when Manny glanced over and saw Sav eating and laughing with his friends.

"That Sav guy is really cute." She commented.

"No, Manny, he's mine." Mia said with a smile.

"Like Sav would go for the baby mama type."

Mia tried not to cringe at the voice behind her. "Now what would I do without Holly J Sinclair looking out for me?" She sarcastically asked.

Manny dropped her tray and turned to face them. "Wait a minute. Sinclair? As in Heather Sinclair?"

Holly J smirked. "My sister. She taught me everything I know." She took Mia's brownie and dropped it onto her plate of gravy, splashing Mia.

Mia sighed and looked down in frustration. When she looked back up she saw that Holly J's usual fearsome glare was lacking. She blinked in shock, but Holly J had already walked away.

"Okay, I know we said she was evil, but that girl is the devil's little sister."

Mia followed Holly J with her eyes and saw her toss out the lunch she just bought then walk out of the caf. "Actually for Holly J's usual standards that was pretty tame." She commented.

Manny gave her a look. "Okay, am I hearing concern? For the evil girl?" Mia sighed again.

"Yeah, something's wrong." Mia put her tray down. "I'll see ya later." She said then she walked towards the door Holly J just walked out of.

She saw the girl go into the girl's washroom and she followed. The stall slammed shut so she stayed by the sink pretending she was fixing her hair. The sound of sniffling soon filled the air making Mia frown.

When the sniffling turned into sobbing Mia walked closer to the stall.

She gulped and knocked on the door. The sobbing quickly ceased. "Holly J?" She heard a few more sniffles then Holly J stepped out with her head held high and went over to the sinks.

Mia bit her lip and slowly walked up behind the girl wiping her eyes. She licked her bottom lip and looked down slightly, then she cautiously reached her hand out and placed it on Holly J's shoulder in comfort.

Holly J whipped around. "Tell anyone about this-"

Mia was quick to remove her hand and hold them both up in defense. "And you'll destroy me, I know." She stated quickly.

Holly J nodded and tried to steel her face again, but Mia could see a deep sadness in her eyes.

"Um, whatever it is, maybe it's not that bad."

Holly J scoffed. "It's worse, now I have to get to class." She said walking past Mia.

Mia took a deep breath and gathered some courage, then she reached out and grabbed Holly J's arm to stop her.

"If you want to talk, you can talk to me. I am good at listening, remember?"

Holly J sighed and opened her mouth.

The washroom door opened and her mouth closed again. "When I get knocked up by some idiot then I'll go to you for advice and that will never happen." She said then she left the room.

"You okay?" Manny asked walking over to Mia.

Mia nodded. "I'm fine. Holly J doesn't get to me anymore, she just annoys me, but she's not fine. I know something's wrong with her, she just won't talk." She sighed.

"Yeah, well, good luck caring about devil girl."
Manny walked into a stall and Mia left the room.