It's Not Okay

Mia slammed shut Anya's locker making the girl jump. "Oh, hey Mia!" Ayna gave her a smile.

She didn't smile back. "Hi. Why would you lie?"

"What do you mean?" She played innocent.

"Manny didn't say I was second best so why lie to me?" Mia demanded.

Ayna just kept smiling. "I am tired of being the nice one. That's over, Mia. I'm not sweet little pushover Ayna anymore and I refuse to go back to that just because I'm at your school now. Got it?"

Mia blinked. "Uh, sure, but you still let Holly J boss you around."

"Well you know what they say, keep your friends close and, you know. See ya later, Mia." Ayna said giving her a sweet smile before she walked away from her.

Mia watched her walk away and shook her head. 'What on earth happened to them? All my old friends seem the same, but they're all so different now.' She thought to herself.

She shook her head again and walked into the ladies' washroom to fix her hair for practice.

When she walked into the washroom she heard crying again. "Holly J? Are you crying again?"

There was no answer so she walked over to the stall and knocked. "Hol-"

The stall door opened and she walked out. "You again Mama Mia? Wow. It's just not my day."

"Are you okay? This is the third time I've heard you crying in the washroom."

"Well you shouldn't be eavesdropping."

Mia frowned. "It's a public washroom."

Holly J walked over to the sinks to wash her face.

Mia walked up behind her. "Something is wrong and you need to talk about it instead of crying alone in the bathroom."

Holly J gulped while she stared at her reflection. "Do I still look like her?"

Mia frowned in confusion and went over to stand by the redhead. "Like who?"

She sighed. "Holly J."

Mia looked in the mirror to try to see what Holly J saw. "Of course you look like Holly J, you are Holly J." Mia said seriously.

Holly J frowned. "No, I'm not, it doesn't feel like it anymore. She's gone."

Mia blinked in shock. "What are you talking about? You are Holly J."

She shook her head. "No. Holly J is strong. She has no fear. I'm not... her."

Mia was starting to get really worried. She never heard Holly J Sinclair talk like that before. She took the girl by the shoulders and turned her away from the mirror. The blank expression on the girl's face worried her more than her words.

"Holly J, what happened to you?" She asked gently.

Holly J gulped and stared at the girl in front of her, her once friend. "I need your help, Mia, please."

Mia nodded. "Okay. Just tell me what's wrong."

She frowned and Mia saw her eyes start to water again so she grabbed a tissue out of her makeup bag and handed it to her.

"I think I'm..." She gulped and Mia had a look of realization cross her face.

"Pregnant?" She asked softly and Holly J started sobbing. "Wow, um, it's okay. I'm here for you." She pulled the shorter girl into her arms. "It's okay."

"No, it's not. I didn't want this." Holly J sobbed.

"No one our age does, but it's not the end of the world." Mia tried to help.

Holly J kept sobbing. "I didn't want to have sex."

Mia's lips parted slightly and her eyebrows furrowed in concern. She pulled back to look into Holly J's watering eyes.

"What do you mean?" She asked carefully, already dreading the answer.

Holly J gulped and tightly shut her eyes. "When he cheated on me, and I found out, he wanted me to forgive him, but I couldn't, and he wouldn't stop when I said no." She started sobbing again so Mia pulled her back into her arms and held her.

"I don't know what to say. I'm sorry that happened to you, Holly J." Mia felt her own cheeks become wet.

"I thought it couldn't get worse, but now he is with Jane and I-I m-might be-" Her sobbing cut off her words and Mia tried to calm her down.

The door opened and they heard laughter, but it soon faded when the girls saw Mia holding onto a sobbing Holly J.

"Mia? Is she okay?" Emma asked nicely.

Mia shook her head over Holly J's shoulder.

Darcy sighed. "Is there anything we can do?"

"No." Mia answered. "If you guys aren't in here to go can you please leave?"

Manny opened her mouth to protest, but Emma took her arm and dragged her out the door. Darcy waited a moment then she followed.