Silhouette

During Son of Neptune

Percy's POV:

The voices in my head are bothering me constantly and they refuse to cease. No matter what I do, they are here, since the time I arrived here.

A week.

It had been a week since I have arrived at Camp Jupiter. I guess you could say I was adjusting well but, there was always that voice in my head saying, you don't belong here.

As I was saying, those voices never stopped. They are always here, taking my decisions, telling me what to do. I was like a puppet with my strings being controlled by those voices. Sometimes, I ask, no plead those voices to give me the answers. Where is my home? Where do I belong? And most importantly,

Who is Annabeth?

That girl with her beautiful gray eyes and blonde curls, who looked at me with either amusement or affection in her eyes, nevermind that she would actually be scolding me at that moment for doing something stupid. Which I believe, would be a lot. When I say a lot, just belive me. I'm not exaggerating.

She must have been my girlfriend, the one I liked or I guess, love.

It has to be love since she's the only one I remember. She must have resided in my heart, not brain. They could take away the memories from my brain but she remained in a compartment in my heart, secured and reserved. Just for her.

At nights, I wake up in hot sweat, dreaming about her being injured, or sometimes killed. Those nights, I just want to leave this place and tear the world down to find her. To keep her with me, safe and protected.

There are days, I don't want to get out of my bed. Just stay there and demand those voices to tell me about the girl I love. How is she? Is she alright? Alive? Worried about me? I hope she doesn't worry about me that much. She wouldn't sleep and it wouldn't be healthy.

One day, I wake up to find her silhouette near my bed. I reach out to her and she's gone. Does a person named Annabeth really exist? Or is she just a person I created to push myself forward?

I push these thoughts away and move on.

I see how the demigods settle here, go to colleges, get married and have their own families. I envisioned this future with Annabeth. I saw how magnificently this place was constructed and I immediately though of Annabeth and how she would appreciate the architecture. And I would pretend to understand and nod.

I missed her everyday and everytime. I go to bed imagining her silhouette next to me every night. I think I would drive myself to insanity if I don't see her as soon as possible.

And finally, ever so finally the pieces of the puzzle fit. I regained my memories, of Camp Half Blood, of my friends there, of Grover and of my ever so beautiful girlfriend Annabeth.

She was going to visit me here. She was here to meet me and I would be able to cocoon her in my arms and keep her away from everything evil and not let go of her.

And from the moment I saw her, those voices ceased.

Depressing? Tell me about it

Depressing? Tell me about it.  I was literally crying when I wrote it. Anyway, I hope you guys like it and as usual, I love reading your comments and suggestions.

Never stop fangirling!