Pre-Football

Two quizzes, one lunch period, a thirty minute band lesson, four other classes later, school is finally over on a Friday afternoon. The day seems to go fast because tonight is a football game night. People all over school are hyped up as I walk out of seventh period with Anna. I'm still debating on whether I should go to this game. For three reasons:

1. Randy plays football and I'd rather not get a load of him and Marina. 

2. Evie planned on making a special dinner tonight and I actually happen to like her meatloaf. This will mark the third time she's ever made it.

3. I'm a Sophomore with two years left over in High school. I'll be to plenty more football games.

"You really should go." Anna May's voice pulls me from my thoughts. "Huh?" I say 'attractively'. She laughs at my reaction. "I said you should go to the game. What's stopping you?" Anna wants to know. I sniffle. My nose has been running lately. I also sneezed several times during first and fourth period. 

Man, she really wants to hear me say it. To give in to the fact that one/third the reason I don't want to go is because I'll see Randy and Marina. 

But I really don't feel like giving her the satisfaction of hearing me say that so instead I go, "Evie's making meatloaf." Anna May snorts, and I know she doesn't believe me, but she doesn't point it out. "You're sad sometimes, you know that?" She says instead. I smile back while shrugging. "I guess so."

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. Another one coming soon!)