Chapter 8:

Catia and Caspianta both sat down in the soft grass in front of a fallen log, leaning back on it. They looked expectantly at Zedaesho.
     Zedaesho disappointed them. "I'm not the right person to tell you anything like that, and this place is too exposed. You two yourself discovered how easy it is to  stumble across an elf when I'm just hanging around like this. If you'll meet me tomorrow behind the tavern in Danton where I'm staying, I'll take you somewhere safer and do my best to explain."
     Caspianta sighed. "Fine, I suppose that makes sense." she glanced at Catia for confirmation. "See you tomorrow?"
     Catia agreed. "See you tomorrow."
     "Alright then girls." Zedaesho said softly. "See you tomorrow. You best be getting home, and your mother will be home soon." then, without another word, he slipped silently back into the forest and melted away into the shadows as only an elf can do.
     "Well," Catia said brushing herself off as she stood. "That had to have been the most strange, awkward, and totally mindblowing conversation of my life."
     Caspianta also looked slightly overwhelmed. "Yeah. It definitely was." she agreed.
     Then the two girls turned side by side and headed back into the growing dusk settling around the forest toward home.