xiv. the night they met; part two

THE WALLS THAT cornered Cassie and Justin in were baby blue and on one of the walls next to her bed were photos upon photos of memories of everyone close to her

THE WALLS THAT cornered Cassie and Justin in were baby blue and on one of the walls next to her bed were photos upon photos of memories of everyone close to her. The couple were laid down on her bed, Cassie snuggling into Justin's sideways position.

When Cassie was looking at her phone, Justin interrupted her and with his finger under her chin, he gently moved her face towards him. To Cassie's surprise, Justin had the widest smile Cassie had ever seen on him. He looked happy, and with that look on his face it made her equally, yet possibly more happy to see.

"If you want me to see your smile, it's working," Cassie commented, "you have an amazing smile, baby."

"It's because of you," he replied, and with the hand he used to turn her face he used to interlock their fingers together, "you make me so happy."

"You make me happier," Cassie smiled, and gave him a quick kiss to prove it.

"I don't think that's possible," Justin scoffed in a joking manner.

"And why is that?" Cassie questioned matter of factly.

"Because I love you, Cassie James."

Cassie didn't reply. She only bit her lip and seconds later a smile even bigger than the last spread across her face. Her cheeks hurt from how big she was smiling, but she couldn't help it. Her one and only just told her he loved her for the first time. There was no way in her head she couldn't not say it back.

"I love you, too, Justin Foley."

Only afterwards had their love grown stronger than before. Justin began flowering kisses all over Cassie's face in response and she giggled with delight. And after each kiss would he say he loved her, and Cassie believed it every time. Justin wasn't lying, but what they didn't know was his words wouldn't last forever.

❁❁❁

OUTSIDE OF THE gymnasium Cassie pondered wandering thoughts as the stars above her sparkled in the night. A soft breeze tickled her bare arms, and Justin, as gentleman as he was offered his jacket when he found her outside. She politely thanked him, and slid into it causally.

Turning to him with admiration, she pursed her lips and opened her mouth, "I love you."

Justin grinned, "I love you, too, Cas."

"No, Justin. I love you, I really do," she said, pain evident in her eyes as she said it.

Even though the boy in front of her stole apart of her heart weeks ago, she found it in herself to tell him she loved him. Because she truly did. Although the voice in the back of her head told her not to even think about giving him another chance, the worst that could happen was her heart breaking again. That was the thing though, hearts were meant to be broken, and if she had to go through that sacrifice to risk finding their love again, she would do it; a thousand times over again if she had the chance.

Justin took her hand, and their attached fingers swung delightfully. A grin slowly occupied their faces, and in that moment time stopped and it was just them staring at each other with such vulnerability.

"Can we go home?" Cassie asked in a low whisper.

Justin nodded, and took her back to his car. Wherever they were going was home, because home wasn't just a place where you felt comfortable on the couch and watched endless tv. Home was also a person, a someone who makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world, someone who makes you glad to be walking on this earth the same time they are. They are where you want to be at, and when you realize that, you know they are home. Because home wasn't just a place, it was also a someone, and for Cassie James that someone was Justin Foley.