Chapter 4

'Maa, you really can't do this! You want me to fall into a well again? This is ridiculous.' I shouted, as my breath went back and forth.

'This is not the way you should talk ani. Fall into a well, how can you say that which is something precious to your life. You just can't stay like this forever my boy.' My mom said, in a deepened voice.

'Maa and paa please understand my circumstances and situations I'm not really not liking a life you all expect me to have. Cancel the plans and please proceed on with your daily work. I have already lost one life and I'm not willing to lose another one. So, please stop everything.' I said, earnestly with a serious look.

' But you have to understand our emotions too anirudh. Don't we have the rights to see you living happily with your better half? That's what we're wanting for.Staying alone forever won't give you all the good needs you want. You definitely need someone beside you all the time.' My dad said, convincingly.

' My friends will be beside me for everything. They will never leave me and go. So you don't have to be worried. And for all your happiness vaishu fulfill's it and this year she's going to give birth what else do you both need after this? Just be happy.' I said, putting my gaze down to the floor.

' But ani, we need to see your..' My mom spoke back and was paused by me as I forwarded my hand to stop.

' Enough no more talks about this and I'm leaving to my room. But please drop this marriage proposal.' I said, keenly leaving the place.

Before making my way towards my room, I stopped by dining hall hiding myself and lead towards the wall to peck at my mom and dad.

Both looked causal with smiles on their face, they didnt even think of taking a decision about what I had said. I sighed in disbelief and walked to my room.

Entering my room, I ran my eyes around  desperately. A feeling like I'm going to lose more things in my life. The calm atmosphere in my room crushes me down, spiritually.

If she and my son was here, this room wouldn't have been empty and silent. I thought as I opened my wardrobe to pick my towel to go shower.

Taking my towel in my hand, abruptly my eyes glanced at an album. I took it out from the wardrobe and sat down on the bed slowly holding it with me. It'sy wedding photo album.

A smile crept appeared on my face looking at the front cover of the album. It was me and her, pic taken during our pre-wedding shoot.

That times were good and fun lots of people's around us. Though, I wasn't interested in getting married but I created many memories. Admiring at the photos I recalled the chaos and fun times of past.

A new life, things change! With no way out I'm a married man, officially. I'm into a trap life, I can't enjoy myself, no freedoms! The most hating part for me, the girl I'm married to is none other my own sister's friend anika, I never had a thought for her in this way nor share my room with her. She's just a friend to me. Blames to my parents, they seriously don't understand the youths emotions. Chuck all the shits.

Wedding night arrangements are going around. Without informing anyone I escaped from house and went to my peaceful place, Albuquerque to spend time with my instruments.

Coming back home in the morning everyone looked at me one kind. Especially, my mom threw a death glare at me which I can never forget.

Not leaving any word, I silently went inside my room and plopped on the bed. Just then, she came with a cup of coffee and cleared her throat. I didn't bother much.

'Ani, I'm keeping your coffee here. Please have it.' She said, keeping it on the bed side table.

I got up to have the coffee. She was half the way to leave the room but stopped.