Chapter 23- Necklace

218th day of Grade Nine, 36 days until Summer. Thursday.

Break time.

Lenn felt the whole world against him. So many deadlines were given to him, and more just had to show up. Lenn was getting sick of it.

And if that wasn't bad enough, he had to deal with the homophobia of Linton, who had always eavesdropped on Magnus' room without saying a word. Seriously, what a creep. Then again, he was Magnus' father. He had the privilege.

Regardless, Lenn had to limit his actions with Magnus from then on. Linton might argue with Magnus again.

Lenn sat on his seat, refused to stand. He was sleepy from doing the written report for his Science project in Magnus' laptop. Good thing Magnus didn't need to use it. All Lenn had to do next was to print the file in a nearby computer shop. Then once he'd come home, he has to come up with a banner for his English presentation for the next day.

Lenn's sanity was falling apart.

Lenn buried himself in his arms, wanting to take a nap for at least fifteen minutes. It was all Lenn asked for. Just fifteen minutes without any interruptions...

"Goalie."

Oh my God.

Lenn revealed an eye, and groaned, "Mmmm?"

Magnus grinned. "Come on. Let's go outside."

"And do what?" Lenn complained.

Magnus informed, "And do stuff."

Lenn re-buried himself in his arms. He mumbled, "Wake me up when you come up with a better reason."

Magnus placed his hands on his hips. "You're not thinking about my dad, are you?"

Precisely what Lenn was thinking about. Lenn dismissed Magnus by raising his hand and bending its wrist forward. "Shoo shoo."

"Goalie." Magnus entangled his hands on Lenn's raised hand. "He'll accept it one way or another."

Lenn lazily sat up. "You'd think he would've had from those years you weren't there with him."

Magnus chuckled. "Yeah..."

Magnus grabbed Lenn's other hand, and he pretended to struggle on pulling Lenn up. "Get up! It's break time."

Lenn slumped his head. "No! I'm sleepy."

"If you aren't gonna get up-" Magnus released Lenn's hand. "Then you'll leave me with no choice."

"What's that supposed to-"

Without warning, Magnus started racing his fingers on Lenn's hips. Lenn spastically laughed, placing his own hands over Magnus'. But that only made Magnus switch under Lenn's armpits, which was worse.

Lenn laughed. "Stop!"

Magnus didn't listen. "Not until you get your ass off that seat."

In hopes of retaliation, Lenn, using his index fingers, pierced Magnus' armpits. Magnus backed away. Lenn stood up.

Lenn said, "You goofball!"