Chapter 6- Drink

30th day of Grade Nine

     It was break time, and Lenn chose to observe from the corridor window on the third floor in order to stare at the basketball court. No one was playing basketball as of the moment, and Lenn hoped that they never would. It was peaceful with no screaming and cheering. Lenn loved it.

     Lenn wondered if Magnus was looking for him. Lenn intentionally did not want to talk to Magnus, for Lenn wanted to be isolated for a while.

     Lenn thought about what had happened the day before. He had been given a mixtape from Magnus for him to listen to Magnus' guitar solos. Lenn had been more than happy to listen, although he didn't show it. When he had came home, he immediately locked his room, brought out the headset and mixtape, laid on his bed, and started listening.

     Magnus' voice had been absolutely amazing. Not only was his voice pacifying, but also his guitar-playing skills were on the roof. Magnus may have played a song that Lenn couldn't recognize, nonetheless he understood the lyrics with ease. Especially because it was Magnus' voice.

     Magnus was amazing.

     But then, Lenn realized that he could be hurting himself just by thinking about Magnus. Magnus may have acted like a great friend to Lenn, but that didn't mean anything. Magnus might never return the feelings of Lenn. This thought made him sad.

     "Lenn?"

     Lenn turned around, thinking it was Magnus. But no, it was Valk. Ugh.

     Valk took a step toward Lenn, "What are you doing here?"

     Of all the people to be asked for Lenn's well being, it had to be Valk, hadn't  it?

     Lenn frustratingly said, "I was just... thinking. What are you doing here?"

     Valk answered, "I saw you here. Magnus was looking for you, you know?"

     "Oh."

     Lenn felt bad for making Magnus look for him. Lenn wanted to be alone, but he didn't think that Magnus would be looking for him. What was wrong with Lenn?

     Valk interrupted, "But before you go.  I have a question for you."

     "Okay?"

     "Are you in love with my brother?"

     The sudden question made Lenn swear that all he was seeing was the world slowly melting into lava. Lenn did not think for a minute that he was actually showing out signs. Magnus may have hid it from Lenn, but Valk has seemed to see it and decided to be the nosy person he was.

     Lenn, pressured, denyingly asked, "What?"

     Valk repeated, "You heard me. Are you in love with Magnus?"

     Lenn fidgeted with his necklace, "I don't know what you're talking about. How did you even get that idea?"

     "Don't deny it. I saw the way you looked at him the first day we came here. And I also saw how you visited him yesterday. So answer me. Are you in love with my brother?"