1: Is

Hey guys! Before starting to post this first chapter, I want to dedicate this book to my best friend niharikasingh372661 she is an amazing writer as well and if you like my work, you'll love hers as well. 

Do read her story 'My nostalgia- Because life is all about changes' where she has written short but beautiful words. Please do check it out! 

Thank you guys!

On to the chapter now!

___

It was almost summer, and workload was high. With summer issues coming up, and fashion shows to attend, Beau Monde Magazine's office was in a chaos. The commotion was nothing new, though. The office was rarely quiet. The last time silence happened when then new magazine 'Instyle.In' was launched. It had created a hype with all the A-lister celebrities present on its launch and interfered with Beau Monde's ratings.

It happened 3 years back. Sera Richardson was new then. She was just a Copy Editor with fresh ideas.

A daring task to speak in the meeting, and express her views. Next thing she knew, Sera was the in-charge.

The idea was to make an entire issue about the sports stars. How they live a healthy life, and what are their health secrets. Everybody loved sports, well not everybody, but this was a men's issue entirely. Hence the launch of a Beau Men's Health Magazine, because it got that famous.

Sera had worked hard since. She was appointed the Executive Editor, 2 years back, and now when Martina, the Managing Editor was going to be promoted, she was sure the post would be hers. Beau Men's Health was basically her magazine, she managed everything.

She was almost done when her phone rang,

"Hello?" She answered without looking at the caller ID.

"I didn't think you'd pick up," A deep sexy voice replied from the other end making Sera groan.

"Why didn't I see the caller ID?" She mumbled, and the voice laughed. Something stirred within Sera. His laugh did something to her, but Sera brushed it off. "What do you want?" She asked.

"Ah, I see you have a very bad memory. Do you want me to repeat myself? I don't usually do it," The caller said.

"No, please no. I am still in the office. I would prefer not to hear what you want to say. I already told you my answer," Sera replied.

Sera knew she was rude, but the man had been annoying her for over 2 months.

"And I told you I don't like hearing negative answers," He told her.

"But I gave you a negative answer. I am still giving you one. I don't get why would a person like you is adamant on hiring me? I am nothing compared to people you could get. Get someone else," Sera suggested. Why her?

"You are really asking me why you?" He asked. Just then her phone beeped with another call in waiting.

"Listen, I have another call coming up. I have to hang up," Sera said. She wasn't sure why she was being polite to him.

Oh yeah, he was the freaking President of Instyle.In.

"You want me to call you later, don't you?" He asked cockily.

"No. I want you to never call me. Ever," Sera sighed. Her phone had stopped beeping.

"Don't use ever, darling. Everyone wants me. I don't know why you are playing hard to get. I like you, you should be honored," He said, his voice full of arrogance. Ugh, she hated men like that.