3: Even

Hi guys! Finally an update! 

Yeah I have been very busy. Lately very sick as well, weird things happen with me all the time. And I am almost done with my 2nd semester exams. 

I'll entertain you with a new chapter because small talk is not my cup of tea :p 

Enjoy!

___ 

After the weirdest week of her life, Sera was glad it was finally Sunday. When Jackie returned home after her date, Sera helped her sister to get ready for the dinner.

She told her everything she knew about Ethan and Laura. When she came back home, Jackie told Sera that it went amazing and Ethan and Laura loved her. When Sera asked about the wedding, Jackie assured her that there was no wedding happening anytime soon.

That was the only positive thing happened that day.

Jackie joined office from the next day, i.e. Saturday. She interned under the Art Editor, Sonya who was very impressed by her. Sera couldn't be more proud.

Sera slept past 9 in the morning, which was pretty unusual as she would get up at 8. When Sera stepped out of her room, she saw Jackie awake and ready.

"Where are you going?" Sera asked her.

"Not me, we," Jackie replied and Sera looked at her with confusion, "We are going out. It's Sunday, Ser, our day!" Jackie said excitedly and Sera groaned sitting on the chair near the kitchen isle.

"Don't you have a date to go to?" Sera asked and Jackie nodded.

"That's lunch, let's get some breakfast first. I haven't gossiped with you for ages!" Jackie exclaimed and Sera smiled. Yeah, Jackie loved gossiping. Most of it because of that damned show she watched.

What was the name? Oh yeah, Gossip Girl. Jackie loved drama.

"Fine. I'll go get dressed and then we can go," Sera said and Jackie clapped her hands excitedly.

Sera chose to wear something comfortable. Her office clothes were fine, but formals on holidays don't match. She took out her pencil fit black jeans and a sleeveless knitted turtleneck top. She took a quick bath, combed her shoulder length dark brown hair and applied her usual makeup. That is, eyeliner and mascara.

"Okay, I'm ready," Sera said coming out while Jackie was typing furiously on her phone.

"You look great. Let's go to that diner you love. I want to try those bacon and cheese omelet you always gush about," Jackie said looking up and Sera smiled. Jackie never forgot a thing.

"Don't you have a figure to worry about?" Sera teased as they exited her apartment.

"I do, but I am very tempted to eat those things. I could always work out later," Jackie said casually.

Jackie was a fitness freak, she cared too much about the negligible weight she has been putting on. It bothered Sera sometimes, but that was how Jackie was.

As they reached the diner, Sera ordered for them both as they sat on Sera's usual seat.

"This place is gorgeous! How did you ever found out about it?" Jackie asked.

"It was very random actually. I was searching for your Christmas present when I lost my way and stumbled here. It's less crowded and very cozy, the food is amazing, and very close to home. Hence I became a regular," Sera told her with a fond smile.

"Aww, how sweet," Jackie said as their food arrived. Jackie cut her omelet, took a bit and moaned at the taste. Sera laughed. "This is so good! I am so gonna eat here every day!" Jackie complemented.