5: The

Aaaannndddd I'm back with chapter 5! I'm getting regular! 

I wanted you all to pleaseeee help me participate in the fiction awards 2017 by nominating any of my books and me! The link will be in the inline comments on this line as well as on my message board. 

You can also nominate any other author and their book! Do it! It'll make them happy and glad to have such fans!

I want to dedicate this chapter to my baby sister. She is not an inspiration for Jaclyn, though she's a pain at times, but I love her. And she loves me because she edited this story for me. And also because she loves Vander more than I do.

Anyways on to the chapter now! I have to warn you for mild curse words and streamy scenes though. If you are younger than 13, please close your eyes. 

Just kidding!

Enjoy!

____

The reports were hers, and so was the project, but Sera let Jackie take all the credit for it. She was doing what an older sister would do. Thankfully the issue came out without any difficulties. Jackie handled it all well. Though Sera was there to help, she let Jackie go through all the stress. She had to learn it someday. Sera won't be there to give Jackie everything on the silver platter.

Sera anyways had other problems to tackle.

Vander hadn't called her, not even a text. She felt guilty, but he did hurt her pride. She was used to his messages now. He surely was irritating. Even then fighting with Vander and teasing him made Sera smile all day. She didn't know when he became a part of her life. Maybe Sera considered him more than an acquaintance. A friend maybe and she started caring for him.

Yes! That's it. Sera cared for Vander. She liked the way he talked about his family. Her perspective about Vander had changed somehow, but not fully. He was a womanizer that hadn't changed. The thought irked her. It has been two weeks since they talked, and Vander was already seeing a supermodel.

Why supermodels though? Sera had always thought about that. Eric had dated supermodels. Vander dated supermodels. Why not date simple and real girls like her? Maybe that was a reason why she was still single. Sera wasn't that lean or fit or desperate either. She didn't mind though. Sera was a strong, and independent woman. She always believed that if she wanted a man, she would get him no matter. Just that she never got attracted or loved someone like that.

Sera was happy as she dressed for her day at the office. Today was the end of the month. The promotions were going to be announced. Jonathan was going to leave the magazine today, and Martina was to take his place. Sera was finally going to get her promotion she was waiting for ages. Everyone was thrilled.

Jaclyn seemed happy about it too. She had promised Sera to bake a cake exclusively for her tomorrow. There was to be an office party today. Jaclyn was rather psyched for that. She loved parties. Moreover, a party where Jackie and Eric were going as a couple was special to her.

Derek picked them up in the morning. He also mentioned that he was excited Sera was going to be promoted. Martina seemed excited as well as they made their way to the conference hall. The hall was full of noise today. Sera was happy to be part of their excitement. As soon as Eric entered the room, the chatter went down. Eric grinned at everyone and started to speak.

"Good morning everyone!" He greeted.

"Good morning!" The staff chorused.

"I know you all are very excited as it is the last day of spring, and summer starts next month!" Eric said, everyone cheered. "But I am sad to announce that our favorite Editor-in-Chief is leaving our magazine today, for good," Eric said motioning to Jonathan who looked serious as usual. "Please say a few parting words, John," Eric requested. Jonathan nodded and stood up.