6: Risk

Hey guys! I know I'm late. Very late and I apologize for the delay. It is supposed to be a short story, wrapped up in a few weeks but I have been slacking in my updating schedule.

I'm still messed up. I know I've been saying that a lot now, but I am. Life is a little harsh on me right now. I don't want to discuss my personal life but I promise the next update would be sooner!

Till then

Enjoy!

____

The next morning Vander woke up to find the bed cold as always. He swore it was real. Everything was real, the kisses, the love making everything was. But Serena wasn't there, like every morning. She wasn't. She would show up every night in his dreams and vanish the next morning, but this wasn't a dream.Vander wanted to curse himself. He kissed her because of what she said, it felt real when she said that. The care, the worry...the love felt real, but it wasn't. Serena Richardson had already left. Probably left the state, and didn't say goodbye.

He sat up, as a sad smile formed on his lips. How could he think that Serena loved him as well? She never said so, neither did he, but he knew nothing about her feelings. They made mad love to each other, it wasn't just sex like Vander was used to. She must have felt something.

He ran his fingers through his hair and looked at the other side of the bed where Serena had slept. It looked empty, then his eyes fell on the piece of paper peeking from under the pillow. He picked it up and realized that it was a note from Serena.

Dear Vander

I am so sorry for leaving you like this. I didn't want to, but I couldn't stay. I have to make sure the rumors don't affect you. I don't affect you. I have a long way to go and I have to make the journey alone. I can't take you with me. I wish I could, but I can't.

I can never thank you enough for last night. You were a gentleman and I've never come across one in the 23 years of my existence. I felt things I haven't felt ever and believe me, I will remember every bit of it for all my life. I wish I could wake up beside you. I wish I could stay with you like the way we were like I woke up, in your arms. Yet I can't.

I wish we meet someday when we both are far away from this negativity. Far away from the rivalry, from the hate.

You called me Sunshine last night, but the truth is that I will be nothing, but black clouds for you right now.

I can't tell you when, but I promise to come back. I don't know how and if it would be the same, but I'll come back.

For you.

Love Sunshine

PS- My flight has probably taken off by the time you read this. Please don't try to contact me, my number has already been blocked.

PPS- I might have made you breakfast. It's the only good thing I could do for you.

PPPS- I know it's hard, but don't hate me.

PPPPS- So many post scraps, but I'm at loss for words. It was all real. It was for me. I can never forget you.

PPPPPS- This is the last one. Promise me when, not if, I come back you will tell me how you knew what type of coffee I liked and how you found me every time I needed you. I promise to tell you whatever you don't know about me. Take care, Vander Hoult, stay happy. I'll miss you. I hope you miss me too.

Vander didn't know how to feel. Serena was gone and probably for good...no she said she would be back. She never asked to wait for her, Vander could see the selflessness there. She told him she would miss him, said she would come back for him, but never asked him to wait for her. As if she never thought that Vander would wait for her. But why wouldn't he? He didn't even have the chance to tell her that he loved her.