34.Lonely, Rainy Day

John's POV

I walk down the dull streets of London. It's raining but I don't bother to bring an umbrella. Sherlock got me really mad this morning and I decided to take the day out of the flat to get some fresh air. The small, clear through orbs falling from the sky land on me, and continue to soak my outfit.

I kick a small stone, muttering profanities under my breath. Sherlock had gotten me really mad, this mad. I might as well just move out and never see the man again, because HE was THE ONE getting ANNOYED from ME?!

I continue to stare at the ground, a gust of wind flows by my and I huddle up closer to my jacket. I sigh, looking up to the dull gray sky. Is it just me or it seems more dark than usual today? I'm not Sherlock but I think I can deduct that a storm is coming.

Ah, fudge it. I don't care anyways! I look back down at the stone path and shove my hands into my pockets. I walk for another while, I'm almost back at the flat, about a neighborhood away, when someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I jump, it startled me for sure.

"John..." Mumbles the someone. I look at whom just touched me. Sherlock. He was holding an umbrella, it leaning on his shoulder, and one hand was extended to me. When I don't take his hand I watch as smile twitches and turns into a dull frown. He puts the umbrella over my head and I just glare at him as the raindrops get to work covering him with a soaking wet layer. "I'm sorry, alright?"

I don't respond, I just stay in my tracks, staring at Sherlock. He looked sad, too sad. His frown wasn't fake but he definitely wasn't happy. But yet, mixed in with the sadness of I not responding, Sherlock looked gorgeous. The rain made his hair fall over his eyes and he took a moment to blow it back up, and the rain that had by now, completely engulfed his coat, made him look incredibly cute. After another minute I find myself back in reality. "Oh," I say through pursed lips and walk completely under the umbrella. "Thank you."

He smiles and holds the umbrella behind my back, he is still getting rained on but I wasn't. He was purposely letting the umbrella allow the raindrops onto his coat. I nudge him and pull him back under it. After a few minutes of walking he sighs, looking out to the rain in front of him. "Oh, by the way you have something that I... want..." He huffs, looking at me through the corner of his eye.

I don't remember taking anything of his before I left the flat, "What do I have?" Sherlock stays quiet for a moment, his emotionless soul seeping into the air around him. I start getting an eerie feeling before he finally speaks.

"Alright, but you can't laugh." I nod, wondering what I had that would make him think I would laugh. He makes me promise to also not run from him. I once again agree, and our eyes are locked as we walk in the unusually unpopulated area. Before I know it his face is incredibly close to mine, and his free arm was around me. I gasp, I surely did not expect that Sherlock Holmes would want my lips.

But I kiss him back, I pull on his the collar of his shirt and pull him back down, putting my arms around his body and connecting our lips again. He looked genuinely surprised that I kissed back-- but I also deepened it. It became a more passionate, loving kiss. Sherlock smirks when I let him go, I can tell through his glare he is rather amused. "Oh, Sherlock." I chuckle, getting on my tip-toes, putting my arms around his shoulder, and kissing him again. Our kisses start to get more longing, his tongue is tracing my lower lip and I open my mouth to allow Sherlock's entry.

He cups my face and kisses me deeply. By now I don't know how, but the umbrella was completely out of the picture. He might have just thrown it or somehow closed it and stuffed it in his pocket, but it allowed him to cup my cheeks instead of keeping us dry.

I find myself pushing my body into his, and eventually I'm trapped between Sherlock's seductive kisses and the cold damp wall behind me. His hands slide down my body, reaching my arse. He picks me up and pins me against the wall. My own hands are already travelling underneath his shirt, rubbing circles in his pale, delicate skin. He kisses my collarbone as I wrap my legs around him. Soon, the kisses line up against my cheek and made their way down to my lips. A small moan escapes my mouth, Sherlock giggles and deepens the kiss. Sherlock's and my own face become a more desirable, vibrant pink.

"Jawnn.." Sherlock chuckles before looking into my eyes. I must be having a heart attack because I keep feeling these seconds where my heart just flutters uncontrollably. Sherlock Holmes, the emotionless, stubborn, heartless detective who goes by the theory that 'Love is a disadvantage', is in the middle of making out with me. I kiss his cheek and put our foreheads, together, cupping those adorable, chiseled cheekbones. Soon enough though Sherlock lets me back on the ground slowly. "We should get back home, 'people will talk', John. " he smiled and chuckled, pulling another umbrella out of his pocket. What the hell? How did I not feel that? It's a different umbrella from before-- Does the Holmes family just have a secret connection with pulling umbrellas out of nowhere? I know Mycroft never leaves home without his umbrella....

"Yeah. Let's go." I smile and peck his cheek before we start walking again, he opens the umbrella and puts it over our heads. He takes my hand, and I hold his. We walk home with blushed faces.

Apparently some fangirls saw us and they took a picture or two(or a video) and now our relationship is all over the press. Oh my carp. People do talk, don't they? Hmm? Agh, who cares. Our relationship only progressed, I mean, I never knew Sherlock would be so cuddly...

But then our relationship changed in an unexpected turn...

I'm sitting in my chair, sipping tea and reading my book because my laptop just disappeared.(I think I know the culprit; my beloved but yet childish boyfriend!) Sherlock comes bursting out of his room. "John Watson we have places to be and people to meet!" He picks me up, literally picks me up like I'm a child, and he bounds out of the flat. I, clearly freaking out, think that he found a bomb and in another minute our entire flat will blow up unto pieces. Soon Sherlock and I are sitting in Mycroft's helicopter.

"Sherlock..." I mumble, he leans against my shoulder. We've been boyfriends for about two years now so Mycroft knows. He doesn't scoff either because once "Johnlock" became a thing the fangirls of Tumblr exploded with "Make Mystrade happen!" and they're boyfriends now. They belong together, they were really happy, too.

He takes my hand and delivers a sweet kiss to my cheek. "Sit calm. We'll be at our destination in two hours and sixteen minutes."

"Really? That long? Since when have you taken cases in such far away places?"

"Since I've got this idea." I sigh and put my arm around him. He might love me to a gigantic extent but I know he won't budge. So I fall asleep in his arms about an hour and a half in the ride. I dream about Sherlock and I being fathers. Heh, and Sherlock named our daughter Casey so we can call her Case. And our son was Hamish, and we combined our last names to WatsonHolmes. Before I knew it I woke up in a hotel room, Sherlock frantically pacing around the room. I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, Sherlove where the hell are we?" He stops and smiles at me.

"Paris, France, dear." I sigh, he joins me on the bed.

"Paris, France? Did five hundred people commit suicide in one week and their queen called you over because it seemed a bit off?" Sherlock laughs. I love his laugh.

"Paris doesn't have a queen, honey." He kisses my forehead. "They have presidents."

"I don't feel like explanations of politics, but please tell why we're here?" I lean my head against his shoulder.

"Okay. Follow me." Sherlock gets off the bed, his jacket swishing behind him as he turns around and helps me up. We start walking around the unfamiliar streets, it's quite dark out. I stand in awe at what we stop at. "Alright, John..." I stare at the eiffel tower, the lights of it turn on. Sherlock smiles, "Right on time." He comments. I know what's going to happen. He coughs, clearing his throat. This is probably the hardest thing Sherlock will ever do. "John Hamish Watson, will you take me as your annoying detective husband?"

I start giggling. How he worded that though... 'annoying detective husband', Oh my god, he's so incredibly adorable! I drop to my knees, eyes overflowing with tears of joy. "I wouldn't dream of any other life! I love you!" He smiles and kisses me passionately.

"Oh, I love you too, John. I love you, too." He slips the ring on my finger, and our life becomes one hundred times more exciting. ~♡