Chapter 61:

~50 days until Jen's 21st birthday~

***Jen's POV***

It was late, or early, I don't know. I had lost count.

I was lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling and willing myself to stay awake. I was afraid to close my eyes, afraid of the nightmares that darkness brought. It had been three days since I had allowed myself to sleep and drowsiness was weighing on my mind like a boulder.

It would be nice to just close my eyes for one second...

I fell asleep.

The rain was pounding heavily on the roof as the thunder roared along, like a twisted song. I was standing in Draco and my bedroom. I could barely see it was so dark. The only time I saw anything was when the lightning flashed through the window. So, I tried to discern my surroundings at the right moments...

Then I saw him. Draco.

He was lying in bed, bound and gagged.

"Draco!" I ran to his side, struggling to try and undo his bounds but to no avail.

Ropes wrapped around me from behind and suddenly I was on the ground. Pierce stood over me with a smirk on his face.

"Nice of you to join us, babe. We were just getting ready to start." Pierce pulled me to my feet and placed me on a chair. "As you can see, the blue moon is passing."

Through the hazy rain, I saw a glimpse of a vibrant blue moon before it faded into a light grey.

Draco cried out, the gag having been removed by Pierce. Draco's stormy grey eyes were glowing the same vibrant blue the moon had been. His skin started burning as a burst of blue flames escaped from his eyes and started on its treacherous journey across the rest of his body.

Draco was screaming in agony as the flames slowly ate away at his body. I struggled against my bounds, sobbing and begging Pierce to do something. But all Pierce did was laugh and watch as Draco burned...

A boom of thunder woke me up from my nightmare.

I was drenched in sweat and tears as my heart pounded in my chest. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed. The image of Draco being consumed by blue flames was burned behind my eyelids and my heart was physically hurting at the thought of Draco dying like that. Dying in agony.

I curled up into a ball and let myself sob uncontrollably. I wanted to scream at the entire awful situation. I wanted to damn anyone and everything that contributed to all our pain. For the first time, I let myself crave vengeance. All this wasn't fair. Draco and I deserved to be together. We had fought through our fair share of demons to be happy. We didn't deserve to be ripped apart.

I thought back to what Draco had said to me once, almost three years ago. Bad guys never get what they want. Draco had numerously referred to himself as the bad guy, but this wasn't his fault. It was mine and that's what made this ten times worse. If only he hadn't loved me, he would have been safe. He would have been happy.

"I'm so sorry." I whimpered into my pillow. "I wish I could have done more. You deserved better than the girl with the cursed family. I love you."

Don't be sorry.

That voice. I know that voice. I shot my head up and looked around the dark room, but I was alone.

You know I'd never blame you. I would love you again even if I knew about the curse. Just keep fighting. I'll get you back, love. I promise.