Chapter 3

Chapter 3 :)

On monday, which is today, he showed up and good thing he did because he had a quiz tomorrow and a test next Monday. "so why werent you here Friday?" "I had something to do."

"like what?" "Wow. Aren't you nosy?"

"I was just wondering cuz people say stuff about you."

"Like I dont know that?!" He said angrily.

"I dont do drugs, Ive smoked twice in my whole life and I was just experimenting. If you really want to know where I was, I was  at hockey practice. I have it from 4-10 on Fridays. Happy?"

"I guess."

"Okay. Can we just get back to this?"

"Sure."

On tuesday, we decided not to have a tutoring session. I hung out with some friends. I thought about going out with Justin but pushed away the thought. He had practice anyway. On wednesday, I felt like I was comfortable enough to ask Paxton the question that was on my mind.

"Why do you hate Justin?"

"He slept with my girlfriend." He said it very monotone.

"While you were dating her?" I asked. "While he was dating you."

"What?" I didnt believe him.

I punched him in the face the day after I found out he had slept with my girlfriend the week before. You two had been dating for a month. Thats when I was dating Sandra and I stayed with her for a long time." That was true. He dated Sandra for about 5 months and he was used to 2 week relationships. "Anyways," he continued. "she told me that she wanted to break up and then confessed to cheating. Apparently that dick didnt tell you. I have to say, I'm shocked you are still with him."

"Why?!" I asked irritated with him and trying to sink in the facts.

"Because I have a feeling that you are a virgin and Sandra and him are stil hooking up behind your sweet back." He looked me in the eyes.

I was sitting next to him amd he layed his han on my shoulder. "Listen to me. You dont deserve him, Sweetie. You need a man that will treat you right." He leaned forward and I stood up.

"You're not that man." I said to him confidently. Then I took my stuff and left him. I could feel his blue eyes stare at me widely as I walked out. Paxton King never got rejected, until now. What he still said bothered me though. Sandra and Justin are neighbors and I dont live close to them. Who knows what they are doing! 'No. Don't believe him.' I told myself.

The next day, I focused solely on Math. I could feel his eyes watching me, but I was too angry with him to pay attention. Justin was picking me up after school and then I would get to the bottom of Paxton's hatred.

I was so glad when Paxton announced he had to leave. Justin was waiting in the parking lot for me. I climbed in his car and gave him a small kiss. Being Justin, he turned that innocent kiss into a makeout session.

When I asked him about the rumors his only response was, "Baby, I love you. Nobody else. He was crazy when he attacked me. Sandra and I were just friends. You are my girlfriend and I never have and never will cheat on you." with that, my heart was warmed and he drove me home.